1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] User Criteria 1.0.15

Adds more user criteria for user group promotions, notices, trophies and more.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Advanced User Group Promotions by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Add members to user groups based on time of day, to alter user title, name styling, or permissions.

Read more about this resource...

2. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

Doesn't work Trying to isntall says "Please enter a valid callback method."

CritiKiL likes this.
  3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

4. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

Looks great :) Just got it installed, Can i make a suggestion :p I have a rank and I want my users to be promoted to the next rank after being that rank for 45 days.

So There rank C and become rank D after 45 days of rank C.

On my forum that rank is VIPBuilder which is a Paid rank and after 45 days of being that rank there upgraded to WEVIP. If they lose the rank the Timer should stop/start over if they get VIPBuilder rank back. ECT.

5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

That is definitely something that I could add. I am a commercial developer, so I would be looking for enough people to donate or for you (or someone else) to contribute the full amount towards the development of this additional feature. Please send me a private conversation message if you are interesting in contributing.

6. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

Unfortunately, my website currently is bearly making enough money to keep us online, but if we have any money to contribute I will keep you in mind :)

Thanks for the Wonderful Plugins :p

7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

No problem. Glad you like them!

8. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

looks good. You can also add an option to move user around based on activity.
    lets say if user is in X group and did not logged in for X day move user to X group.
    or similar criteria.

9. Footie

Footie Member

This is nice, not terribly useful for me, but probably nice for many others. Job well done.

The one thing that would make it useful for me is if in addition to having many more criteria to choose from, we had more than adding someone to user groups as the action taken. Like changing certain Custom User Fields. That would be nice for changing things in batch, rather than editing one user at a time.

10. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

11. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

Does it move user from one primary usergroup to another primary group ? Or does it just add them to new secondary group by default ?

12. grunjuger

grunjuger New Member

Same question please: does it change the primary group or only the secondary?

13. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

User Group Promotions are a core feature of XenForo and this add-on just adds to it. There is no change to how it assigns user groups, which is always by adding to the secondary and NOT by changing the primary.

14. grunjuger

grunjuger New Member

Thanks for your very fast reply :)

15. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

You are easily pleased... most people think 2 1/2 months is quite a long time to reply! ;)

16. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Another suggestion to take note of, if someone want contribute, is an age criteria.

8thos and Jon W like this.
  17. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

+1'd.

18. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

19. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

I'd like to suggest changing of the primary group over secondary. Really want this. :(

20. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

When you say "changing", do you mean remove the existing primary group and add a different one, or would you demote the current primary group to a secondary? The problem with doing either of these as a promotion is that you have to decide what to do after the promotion is no longer in effect, and also what to do if more than one promotion wants to take the primary spot -- presumably you would have some sort of priority system? This sounds like quite an expensive thing to add and I can't really see the benefit. If it's something you are interested in contributing to though, please send me a PM.