[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

Does this allow for usergroup permissions?

I need to allow premium members additional reaction choices.

Thanks!

Yep! There is a full set of user criteria (including group) which is matched against the visitor to determine whether they can use a specific reaction.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 3.55.57 PM.webp

Is there an option to see a count of all the various reactions on an individual basis? If so, I'm not seeing it. Also, what about an option see to the reactions other users have given?

Last edited:
@Jake B.

Okay I just wanted to let you know I just spent $95 total on all 3 of your add-ons I didn't have and I'm wanting you to tell me that I'm not going to see tons of errors when I install it. I'm super nervous to install because I've been hearing things about reactions and there being lots of errors not just the all rich usernames issue. Not to mention the other 2 add ons I plan to install and in addition to that I also want to install chat 2 by siropu.

You said you didn't believe they posed a problem together and I don't intend to install anymore big ones after that ever aside from small additions so this is very important to me. What do you think?

I'm super nervous to install because I've been hearing things about reactions and there being lots of errors not just the all rich usernames issue.

Not sure what you've heard, or from where but the only outstanding "bug" currently is that there isn't a separator between the reaction type counts (positive, neutral, negative) as shown in the screenshot above yours. Other than that the only that have been reported are being caused by the way Tapatalk is extending XenForo classes, but there isn't anything we can do about that on our end, and it'll be breaking many other add-ons than just Reactions. More details on that here and here :)

Is there an option to see a count of all the various reactions on an individual basis? If so, I'm not seeing it. Also, what about an option see to the reactions other users have given?

It does show a count of all reactions (although, they're separated into positive / neutral / negative) on post bit and the user profile page. Currently there isn't a listing of all reactions given/received though this is planned for an update that I hope to have out in early January :)

Not sure what you've heard, or from where but the only outstanding "bug" currently is that there isn't a separator between the reaction type counts (positive, neutral, negative) as shown in the screenshot above yours :)

It does show a count of all reactions (although, they're separated into positive / neutral / negative) on post bit and the user profile page. Currently there isn't a listing of all reactions given/received though this is planned for an update that I hope to have out in early January :)

Glad to hear it. Thanks @Jake B. I wasn't trying to talk down to you guys. You guys are amazing or I wouldn't have just spent $95. I'm currently testing it out on local host. Reason I was nervous is Hannah told me she had it disabled for some reason. Anyways I'm looking forward to working with you guys. Thanks for the help

@Jake B. so far no bugs. No errors at all. And also I can now confirm that the reactions add-on has nothing to do with all rich usernames issue reported (at least for me it doesn't). I have installed [TH] Reactions, [TH] Bookmarks, and [TH] Question and Answer threads and even installed Chat 2 by Siropu and haven't received a single error yet. Great work.

Now one feature I'm a little disappointed by it not having it being able to display the users reactions on the profile page and number of each reaction. How do we know how many of each reaction the user has? There's no way it's worth reacting to someone if the positive/neutral/negative postbit statistics is all you have to go on.

I'd like to see counts for each reaction on the profile page like post ratings. Am I missing something?

Can someone step-by-step me on how to upgrade Post Ratings from 1.x to Reactions for the smoothest experience?

I turned off the old add-on, I updated to 2.0.1, and have not yet installed this add-on. I wanted to see how easy it was to import my old data.

Thanks. :)

Im having a hard time moving the reaction bar above action bar. Any idea how to fix this?

Can someone step-by-step me on how to upgrade Post Ratings from 1.x to Reactions for the smoothest experience?

I turned off the old add-on, I updated to 2.0.1, and have not yet installed this add-on. I wanted to see how easy it was to import my old data.

Thanks. :)

Admin PC > tools> import data> Post Rating.

@ALMUSA there has to be something I'm missing. I want to actually use the bar but its not working when I enable it in style properties. I actually don't like counts for dislikes but if I used the bar it would be worth it. I did everything you just said. Are there hidden permissions outside the [TH] Reactions section? I enabled the permissions too and also enabled total reactions for the postbit. I did all that.

Top Bottom