[TH] Library [Deleted]

Possible future solution :
On my forums, we have a semi-private category where members/authors can work on their topics/articles without the others seeing the work in progress. Then moderators check for articles quality and move the topic to the destination forum.

That's why I'm awaiting the "Move" function for Library before installing in production environment. :)

I like this solution.
I don't understand the page break approach. ???

Wonderful to see all the work Jon has done.

My wishlist right now:

Ability to create NEW thread to link to article as well as link to existing thread.

I like this solution.
I don't understand the page break approach. ???

Wonderful to see all the work Jon has done.

My wishlist right now:

Ability to create NEW thread to link to article as well as link to existing thread.

Pagebreak would work like this;

page 1 content
PAGEBREAKTAG
page 2 content
PAGEBREAKTAG
page 3 content

etc

Rather than adding page 1, going back, adding page 2, going back, adding page 3 etc. Right now it can't be used for a serious website in my opinion until there is a way to add more pages until you publish the article.

Liam I'm sorry I still don't get it but you're always sensible so I'm obviously missing something.

If I create a page, once it saves I can create another, just by clicking the link/ button.
Then I can repeat that as much as I want.
Are you talking about creating a batch of pages all in one go?

Pagebreak would work like this;

page 1 content
PAGEBREAKTAG
page 2 content
PAGEBREAKTAG
page 3 content

etc

Rather than adding page 1, going back, adding page 2, going back, adding page 3 etc. Right now it can't be used for a serious website in my opinion until there is a way to add more pages until you publish the article.
I agree. Unfortunately, this is not quite as simple as it might first seem though, as it needs to be taken into account what happens if, for example, you put a page break tag inside another tag. That could be as simple as putting the PAGEBREAKTAG in between two [COLOR ] tags, and making sure that you don't lose the colour on the seccond page. Fortunately, I think XF is clever enough to avoid this in most situations.

Are you talking about creating a batch of pages all in one go?
That's right. Also the point is that once you create the first page then the article is visible to everyone (even though it is not finished). I can see how this would be a big issue on larger websites.

I agree. Unfortunately, this is not quite as simple as it might first seem though, as it needs to be taken into account what happens if, for example, you put a page break tag inside another tag. That could be as simple as putting the PAGEBREAKTAG in between two [COLOR ] tags, and making sure that you don't lose the colour on the seccond page. Fortunately, I think XF is clever enough to avoid this in most situations.

That's right. Also the point is that once you create the first page then the article is visible to everyone (even though it is not finished). I can see how this would be a big issue on larger websites.

Well hopefully it won't be too big a problem, I have a forum user eagerly awaiting this mod being installed to do proper gaming reviews on my forum.

I'm glad you know what I am talking about, imagine all the big tech blogs posting multiple articles and their millions of readers missing the rest of the pages and posting complaints to have the admins tell everyone "it's not finished yet!".

Well hopefully it won't be too big a problem, I have a forum user eagerly awaiting this mod being installed to do proper gaming reviews on my forum.

I'm glad you know what I am talking about, imagine all the big tech blogs posting multiple articles and their millions of readers missing the rest of the pages and posting complaints to have the admins tell everyone "it's not finished yet!".
While I agree that this would have merit, I do think the suggestion that you will be able to move an article should be sufficient for now, which is a feature that is already planned and should be available in the near future.

If you actually need the Page Break feature, then I think someone would need to contribute towards the development of that as this is not on Morgain's current roadmap and I think it unlikely that it will get on there (given that it is only really needed for bigger sites). However, if anyone is interested in contributing, please contact me by private conversation.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem yet, but whenever I or my other site admin try to view a post in a Library node, we receive a 500 error. All the non-admin viewers are able to view just fine, however. I've checked all the error logs, checked permissions, rebuilt the database, rebuilt the caches, etc. Nothing seems to be fixing it.

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem yet, but whenever I or my other site admin try to view a post in a Library node, we receive a 500 error. All the non-admin viewers are able to view just fine, however. I've checked all the error logs, checked permissions, rebuilt the database, rebuilt the caches, etc. Nothing seems to be fixing it.

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Is there anything in the error log? This will help me to find the error.

Is there anything in the error log? This will help me to find the error.
Sadly I wasn't seeing anything register on either the Xenforo nor the Cpanel logs.

The other admin looked up ways to fix it, and he found someone who had a similar problem, and was able to fix it by installing the 'Nodes as Tabs' mod. I'll give that a try.

Hey guys!

Just recently installed this add-on and it's pretty awesome!

I'm currently trying to makes a guides system for my website and make it look like this http://solomid.net/guides

Now I have some questions about this wonderful add-on.

1. Is it possible to change the thumbnail of the article?
2. Is it possible to change the url of the link ( I don't want it to say "libraries" I want it to say guides instead I don't mind the article part.)
3. Also is it possible to have an "approved guides" and "unapproved guides" feature? Like I want to be able to moderate articles and let people know that it's been approved by a professional player.
4. And what's up with the blank space?

Here are some pictures so you can understand what I'm saying.

r3dL6.png

VzjaR.png

Thanks!

Has anyone used this to create informational pages about your site's topic/theme? If so, how did you link the pages to one another? I'm referring to like a 'next page' or 'previous page' sort of link that makes sense or something along those lines.

1. Is it possible to change the thumbnail of the article?
This is coming soon through an update to the Thread Thumbnails add-on.

2. Is it possible to change the url of the link ( I don't want it to say "libraries" I want it to say guides instead I don't mind the article part.)
I recommend using the Route Changer add-on, which is fully supported by this add-on.

3. Also is it possible to have an "approved guides" and "unapproved guides" feature? Like I want to be able to moderate articles and let people know that it's been approved by a professional player.
A feature to move articles is coming soon. This is currently on hold because how this functions will depend on some other functionality that we are adding soon. When this feature is released, you will be able to set up two separate Library nodes (one for approved and one for unapproved) and then move articles between the nodes. You could have separate permissions for each so that, for example, the unapproved could allow anyone to post articles, but the approved is restricted to administrators only.

4. And what's up with the blank space?
Hadn't noticed that before. I'll take a look and try to fix for the next version. If you figure out what template/css change I need to make, please let me know.

Sadly I wasn't seeing anything register on either the Xenforo nor the Cpanel logs.

The other admin looked up ways to fix it, and he found someone who had a similar problem, and was able to fix it by installing the 'Nodes as Tabs' mod. I'll give that a try.
Did this work? I haven't been able to replicate this problem yet but I am very keen to fix it as you should not have to install another add-on to get it to work.

Well, it seems that another problem arose.

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but there seems to be a problem with dead links. When some kind of glitch occurs, causing a user to double post, the post to not go through properly, the link on the library leads to an error, and can not be removed.

I've tried rebuilding the Library caches, but this did not work. Is there any other way I can remove these dead links?

The users have been loving the mod, by the way. Thanks!

Well, it seems that another problem arose.

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but there seems to be a problem with dead links. When some kind of glitch occurs, causing a user to double post, the post to not go through properly, the link on the library leads to an error, and can not be removed.

I've tried rebuilding the Library caches, but this did not work. Is there any other way I can remove these dead links?

The users have been loving the mod, by the way. Thanks!
Thanks, I'll take a look into this.

Really loving this addon. Excellent work.

I only see a problem when trying to connect an article to a forum. Two areas ( perhaps bugs ) i found:

1. I can not connect multiple articles to 1 forum post. Perhaps its a feature, but it would be at least good to have a little warning message when trying to connect an article to a forum post which is already connected to another article.

2. When trying to disconnect an article from a connected discussion thread - I go to Article Tools - using the EDIT Article - and set on both "Discussion thread:" dropdowns to " NO DISCUSSION THREAD". Pressing save changes does not do anything. The article shows still connected to the discussion thread.

Perhaps its just me - being a newbie - but would be great if Waindigo or anybody else could help me with both problems.

And... just found another mini bug... so please check it out yourself:

3. Post a new article in a library.
- go in again and delete the article from the library
- now go back to forum index and where you see the library... ... and next to it you still see
"Latest" ... displaying the article you just deleted.

it is kind of a refresh bug, but does not go away even when clearing caches.

If you now click on the "Latest" ...link in the library you will get a server error, since the article has been deleted.

Top Bottom