[TH] Library [Deleted]

Hello, need a bit of help with this addon....
I just setup a brand new XF site and plan to use this library to host editable pages.
My structure will look similar to:

->Forum
->Amenities (libraries)
-->Marina
-->Stables
-->etc...

I created a library node...
I looked to add "articles" as a child to this node and I don't see it.
If I click directly on this new library node I get a Server 500 Error.

I am not using Friendly URLs yet.

Any ideas?

***FIXED...
Apparently Nodes as Tabs is required?
I just installed Nodes as Tabs and all is well....

Question...

How can users receive alerts for new Articles?

Suggestion...

Provide a "Sibling" menu option - similar to XF pages "List Sibling Nodes"

Interesting error...

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x97\x8F Me...' for column 'message' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/Library/ControllerPublic/Library.php at line 297
  8. Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_Library->actionAddArticle() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aquiah5/public_html/index.php at line 13
***FIXED - sort of...
So copying and pasting text from HTML pages into Articles.
if it encounters a "dash" or a "bullet"
  • -
The above error is triggered...

One more comment....
I noticed when you upload an attachment (image) and you insert it into your article page.
When you reopen the page for edit, you do not get the image showing - only the |ATTACH|000|/ATTACH| placeholders.

Also...

Non-Image attachments don't seem to show when viewing the article.

Apparently Nodes as Tabs is required?
I just installed Nodes as Tabs and all is well....
This should not be the case. I will look into this.

An option to "Watch" for new Articles would be a good idea for many library deployments.
I'm not sure if this is planned. If anyone is interested in contributing towards this feature, please send me a message.

Suggestion....
Add ability to delete a "Page"
On my to-do list. The current system is very 'bare bones' so anything that is not absolutely needed has been skipped for now. For example, you could delete a page by creating a new article and copying all the other pages into it.

So copying and pasting text from HTML pages into Articles.
if it encounters a "dash" or a "bullet"
  • -
The above error is triggered...

Will look into this...

One more comment....
I noticed when you upload an attachment (image) and you insert it into your article page.
When you reopen the page for edit, you do not get the image showing - only the |ATTACH|000|/ATTACH| placeholders.
I thought this was consistent with forum pages, but I could be wrong.

Non-Image attachments don't seem to show when viewing the article.
Allowing other attachments is not allowed at present. My intention is to have a separate tab for attachments but this is not a high priority at present.

After displaying option> set options I get this error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ASC LIMIT 20' at line 9

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Waindigo/Library/Model/Article.php at line 278
  6. Waindigo_Library_Model_Article->getArticles() in Waindigo/Library/Model/Article.php at line 293
  7. Waindigo_Library_Model_Article->getArticlesInLibrary() in Waindigo/Library/ControllerPublic/Library.php at line 77
  8. Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_Library->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/****/public_html/community/index.php at line 13
Thank you for any help you can offer. If you can in dummy terms would be great. :)

Gabby

After displaying option> set options I get this error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ASC LIMIT 20' at line 9

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Waindigo/Library/Model/Article.php at line 278
  6. Waindigo_Library_Model_Article->getArticles() in Waindigo/Library/Model/Article.php at line 293
  7. Waindigo_Library_Model_Article->getArticlesInLibrary() in Waindigo/Library/ControllerPublic/Library.php at line 77
  8. Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_Library->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/****/public_html/community/index.php at line 13
Thank you for any help you can offer. If you can in dummy terms would be great. :)

Gabby
I can confirm that this is a bug and will be fixed for the next version.

Due to the large number of bug reports, I have set up a special forum on my site to keep track of them all. If you have reported a bug and cannot see it on this site, please let me know or register and post there.

http://www.waindigo.com/forums/library-by-waindigo.2/

Also, there are a couple of bugs that I am struggling to replicate, so if anyone can assist with these, it would be a massive help.

Apologies for all the bugs!!

Due to the large number of bug reports, I have set up a special forum on my site to keep track of them all. If you have reported a bug and cannot see it on this site, please let me know or register and post there.

Also, there are a couple of bugs that I am struggling to replicate, so if anyone can assist with these, it would be a massive help.

Thanks. I joined. I am user number 2. :eek:

Waindigo updated Library by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.3 released

New features:
  • Confirmation dialog added for deletion of article to avoid accidental deletion.
Bug fixes:
  • Version number increased to be consistent with Resource Manager (previous version should have been 1.1.2 NOT 1.2.2).
  • Fixed error resulting from when sort options are selected from Article Options box.
  • When editing articles, discussions list now appears in drop-down menu to avoid overflow issue.
  • After deleting an article, the 'latest article'...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you!
I'm just glad it wasn't something I did. LOL

Thank you so much for the time and effort you are putting into this.

'

This Library is so awesome it functions as several different modifications at the same time. Earlier I mentioned that it was like a comic book mod but now it's also like the resource manager in the way the threads are connected to the article.

It needs a way to create more than 1 page at a time, as it doesn't look very professional if you use it on a serious website as you have to create an article, everyone sees it and then you add more pages to it, but people could have already seen the article with only 1 page and not come back.

It needs a way to create more than 1 page at a time, as it doesn't look very professional if you use it on a serious website as you have to create an article, everyone sees it and then you add more pages to it, but people could have already seen the article with only 1 page and not come back.
I think originally we did talk about having a [pagebreak] tag, which could be implemented quite easily. I think what you are discussing is a bigger issue though about articles not being ready.

Even with the paginate tag, you might still want to go back and edit it, and people might not want to write an article in one go. Therefore, it might be useful to have a checkbox to allow user's to "hide" their article until they are ready. Unfortunately, this is slightly more difficult because, for example, we would possibly want the article to show as being the newest article in a library at the moment when it was un-hidden, otherwise it would be confusing. Any thoughts?

Possible future solution :
On my forums, we have a semi-private category where members/authors can work on their topics/articles without the others seeing the work in progress. Then moderators check for articles quality and move the topic to the destination forum.

That's why I'm awaiting the "Move" function for Library before installing in production environment. :)

Top Bottom