[TH] Library [Deleted]

Talking to Jon today he is free to work on Library this week YAY!

Items to come in are expected to be -
Control of the Library list of Articles - sticky Article titles - latest X number of Articles - order the rest A-Z or chrono.
Article icon for its author. Author name.
Article templating so as to show a mini index of multiple pages for example. Rob is also discussing a tab view to show pages.
Link to Discussion thread on a forum. Either a new created thread or browse to an existing one to allocate it.

Hi Morgain, Thats great news.

Do you know if the error meaning you cant use this mod if you have xenporta installed will be resolved as well?

Waindigo updated Library by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.2 released

New features:
  • Added ability to link an article with an existing thread to allow for a discussion on the linked article.
  • Articles and libraries now appear in search results.
  • Articles list can now be sorted by title at last update and larger libraries are now on multiple pages (like forums).
  • Library nodes now show the most recent article updates and total article count on their parent node page.
  • Improved templates and much more.
Compatibility fixes:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please take note of the upgrade instructions if you are upgrading from v1.1.1.
Upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.2.2:
To get all the new features for your existing articles:
  1. Log in to Admin CP.
  2. Go to Tools > Rebuild Caches.
  3. Click the 'Rebuild Now' button under Rebuild Library Information.
  4. Click the 'Rebuild Now' button under Rebuild Search Index.

New features:
  • Added ability to link an article with an existing thread to allow for a discussion on the linked article.
  • Articles and libraries now appear in search results.
  • Articles list can now be sorted by title at last update and larger libraries are now on multiple pages (like forums).
  • Library nodes now show the most recent article updates and total article count on their parent node page.
  • Improved templates and much more.
Compatibility fixes:...

articles in search results is huge.
linking to a discussion thread sounds great.
this is looking excellent !

Congratulations, I think this is better than vBulletin CMS .... ALREADY ! :)

haha that's why i waited before I downloaded. Gonna wait a bit more. Thanks for updating this btw.

Looks good, noticed one little thing.

Discussion thread:
(Button) is phrased; waindigo_no_discussion_thread_library

That may be confusing to some users. "No discussion thread" might be better?

So Waindigo, any thoughts on adding a commenting feature?
This has already been added and is present in this release. :)

Jon, fantastic release by the way!! Can you give me a time frame for the alphabetical pagination? [A,B,C] instead of the default numeric pagination [1,2,3]? - I need to try and plan my migration of articles and need to hold off at least until then. Thanks mate :p

My first resource to hit 100 unique downloaders!

haha that's why i waited before I downloaded. Gonna wait a bit more. Thanks for updating this btw.
In future, add-on's are going to be released first on waindigo.com for early testers, with only stable versions then being released on XF.

Looks good, noticed one little thing.

Discussion thread:
(Button) is phrased; waindigo_no_discussion_thread_library

That may be confusing to some users. "No discussion thread" might be better?
Thanks. I had this phrase but I had assigned it to the wrong add-on. I will update in the next release.

This has already been added and is present in this release. :)

Jon, fantastic release by the way!! Can you give me a time frame for the alphabetical pagination? [A,B,C] instead of the default numeric pagination [1,2,3]? - I need to try and plan my migration of articles and need to hold off at least until then. Thanks mate :p
I am going to release this as a separate add-on.

Hey um, the discussion forum for library articles is very huge so it does not show the thread that was already made about the article. There is no way to scroll down to search for the thread in the specific subforum. Can you create a fix for this?

Hey um, the discussion forum for library articles is very huge so it does not show the thread that was already made about the article. There is no way to scroll down to search for the thread in the specific subforum. Can you create a fix for this?
Are you talking about when you edit a pre-existing article and try and add a discussion thread from a forum that has lots of articles?

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the latest release.

I was just wondering whether you would consider instead of having the user avatar displaying next to the entry, but instead have a user defined picture.

article.webp

Top Bottom