[TH] Library [Deleted]

oh-my-god-it-s-jerry.jpg

All of @Jon W's addons have been acquired by @Audentio Design other than anything that has to do with Cake.
Oh! Missed the news!
Well, I was beggining to think about a full rewrite of a similar system, minus unused features, plus custom improvements, for my personnal use, in preparation for XF2. Independently of whether this remains unmaintained, this is time to push the thinking further.

Created a library in a forum. Created an article. Added an attachment to it- a PDF file. It shows when the article is created. When I view the article, the attachment no longer shows.

What is wrong?

As far as this one I tried it awhile. It didn't really do much and needed a lot of work. It needs author info and much better forum integration.

In our case, on a big board, it had a very expensive LEFT JOIN operation that bogged down the database substantially. Disabled this add-on and it picked right up, immediately. No fix was ever offered, other than, "try it now and see if it still causes a problem." I can't risk any of my forums by installing an untested update to an add-on that may or may not have fixed the issue.

We did not use the library much, but it was a great place to store our forum rules, privacy policy, etc., and in a format that moderators could easily access and tweak the content as needed. As it stands, I had to migrate our docs out of it and put them in as sticky posts, which are now cluttering up the forum.

The idea was great; the execution left a lot to be desired.

Have you considered using the wiki? in place of the lib for rules and etc.

You may also find the FAQ to be of some help as well... FAQ Addon.

It wasn't high priority, so we are just using XF's pages for now. I did find a text editor add-on which added basic editing features to pages. The problem with some of these add-ons is that they are written without regard to big-board forums. The Library add-on literally slowed our forum to a crawl due to poorly-written SQL. The second I deactived it, the forum began clearing up the queue of queries, and we haven't had a problem since. I cannot risk using our live forum to test add-ons, yet having them in an environment that hammers on XenForo (like, 1500 visitors online during peak hours) is the only way to find out if they are up to the task. Many are not. So, we need to be wary of anything we use.

On a site using this add on, I started all of a sudden getting the following error spamming the error log:

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: Table 'xenforo_1_2_4.xf_article_view_waindigo' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:204
Generated By: oman, 8 minutes ago

Is anyone having the same error, or knows how to fix it? It is preventing me from viewing articles.

On a site using this add on, I started all of a sudden getting the following error spamming the error log:

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: Table 'xenforo_1_2_4.xf_article_view_waindigo' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:204
Generated By: oman, 8 minutes ago

Is anyone having the same error, or knows how to fix it? It is preventing me from viewing articles.

We get the same error.

I wish they would update this- I find it useful for articles.

Are you talking about a wiki addon?

How can that be used instead of a library node in each forum?

Are you talking about a wiki addon?

How can that be used instead of a library node in each forum?

I'd tell you but I've been giving away too many of my thoughts or ideas to the Internet as it is and I'm starting to realize it's rather self-defeating.

Top Bottom