[XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player & Library - Music and Lyrics

[XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player & Library - Music and Lyrics [Paid] 2.1.3

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Firstly, please don't take any feedback as criticism - it's not. You've put a ton of work into the mod and you respond to questions/requests/feedback which is amazing. It's hard to keep up with the updates so apologize if I miss some details :)

As to your point that we can 'achieve this in v2.1.0 by disabling the 'enable listen' option. Yes - but what I would like (and I know, we don't always get what we want, lol) is to be able to upload using only a You Tube link (which gives access to just about any music ever made) and have the embedded video and audio play (or even just the audio) play in the profile player. I get I can just turn it off so an upload/url aren't required, but that doesn't accomplish what I'm talking about. The reason I'm beating that drum is because folks are having trouble with the other two options (upload/url) but could manage You Tube links with ease. If that's beyond the scope or just too difficult to do, I get it.
Thank you for acknowledging our efforts. We won't be satisfied with our work until our customers are happy.

If it's not urgent, I'll provide a better response in the morning. I'm in bed already and on my phone right now. 😴

As to your point that we can 'achieve this in v2.1.0 by disabling the 'enable listen' option. Yes - but what I would like (and I know, we don't always get what we want, lol) is to be able to upload using only a You Tube link (which gives access to just about any music ever made) and have the embedded video and audio play (or even just the audio) play in the profile player. I get I can just turn it off so an upload/url aren't required, but that doesn't accomplish what I'm talking about. The reason I'm beating that drum is because folks are having trouble with the other two options (upload/url) but could manage You Tube links with ease. If that's beyond the scope or just too difficult to do, I get it.
Hmm.. well, what you're asking for, which is the ability to upload using only a YouTube link and have the embedded video and audio play (or just the audio) in the profile player, is a different feature that wasn't originally part of the add-on. While it's a great idea, currently, our player is designed to play specific audio file formats, and any other links are considered invalid URL formats. It doesn't matter if the link is from YouTube, Spotify, or elsewhere; unless it contains a supported extension (see FAQ), the player won't play it.

To avoid confusion with this audio URL field, where users keep trying to enter their desired links, we're working on implementing proper validation for the audio URL field in the upcoming v2.1.1 update. This should make things clearer for users. We'll try to release it as soon as possible.

Veer updated [XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player & Library - Music and Lyrics with a new update entry:

2.1.1 - External Audio URL Validation, Clearer display of Supported Extensions, and more!

Profile Audio Player v2.1.1 Is Here! 🎉

We're pleased to announce the Profile Audio Player version 2.1.1, packed with enhancements that make your audio experience even better, including External Audio URL Validation, Clearer display of Supported Extensions, and more!

📜 Changelog​

2.1.1 - External Audio URL Validation, Clearer display of Supported Extensions, and more!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Any news on getting a working demo yet? or does anyone else have a test instance I can have a look-see? Screenshots are great, but it's not the same.

Last edited:
Veer updated [XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player & Library - Music and Lyrics with a new update entry:

2.1.2 - Install Script Updated

In this release, Version 2.1.2 has been updated to correct the install script, ensuring that the comments table is not missed during a fresh installation. No other changes have been made. If your site is already running 2.1.2, there's no need to update. This update is only necessary for fresh installations.

Hey, I want to say thank you so much for helping me with getting everything installed correctly. The Add-on is flat out amazing.
Was wondering if I could post some suugestions here for possible implementation.
So as a rap artist/musical producer I have my music on Distrokid. This distrubution company sends my songs directly to online stores etc. The problem with this is I have to pay a middle man in order to get my songs on spotify etc. So many people taking money from me before I can even see a return on my music invesstment.
Selling direct to customer allows us the artist to take back full control of our music and royalties. (No need for a middle man)
So is it possible to add a purchase link, where site members have the ability to purchase the song as a download using paypal etc. Maybe a way to use the resource manager in conjunction with your add-on.

I have a digital download setup thru teespring for one of my songs. So maybe setting up a bunch of ecommerce links like how you did the spotify sound cloud links etc..

Example: Support Artist Directly: oO5 Dynasty - I Don't Even Wanna Wake Up!
Maybe have the links open a new window so your website stays open when a site member travels to the other website to purchse the digital download.
Screenshot 2023-12-06 123220.webp

2.1.3 - Maintenance update

Profile Audio Player v2.1.3 Released​

We're delighted to announce the latest release of the Profile Audio Player add-on - version 2.1.3, available now as of December 13, 2023!

📜 Changelog​

• Bug Squashed! 🐞 Addressed an issue with the shared content title on social media, thanks to the sharp eyes of @oO5 Dynasty...

In xenforo 1 I was doing this with my forum. But my point was to set the mood for each thread just how you pointed out. So if a user went into a gears of war thread, the music from gears of war would play. The only problem was I didn’t have an add-on for it. So I had to manually add the background sound codes to the templates which was a pain. An add-on would be soooooo amazing for this. I know this is an old post but In 2024 this feature will still be a great addition to us for our websites. Bring some life to our threads!

Ask Veer if he would release a second addon for threads ?

Top Bottom