[XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player & Library - Music and Lyrics

[XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player & Library - Music and Lyrics [Paid] 2.1.3

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Was hoping I could put forth a feature request. Upon linking spotify/any track name - it would be great if you could extract all of the meta data from that source and input. Album name, track length, genre etc. For people who want to add albums or tracks by bulk, it would save a lot of time. This is one of a few things holding me back a little as it will take quite some time. If needed, I can elaborate further :)

I love this! Good call.... at least until we have a pop up or something that shows them the types of files accepted! Maybe a link to a help page or something...

1697510308595.webp

🫶 @Veer 🫶

Okay updated to the newest version --> love the additional text to help people know what to do. To help with development, I want to share with you what I noticed. It may or may not be a bug or development challenge, but it cannot hurt to let you know.

1) Embedding a song (Youtube for example)

1697511823865.webp

This may or may not be by design, but when I enter a URL into the Spotify field (cause it's Spotify) and fill out the information about the song above then save -- this is the error received. Once I put that URL in the top, as well, it will then work -- but I wouldn't think to do that just off the top of my head.

This is awesome, though, I love how when you enter the URL into the music provider field it automatically gets placed into [MEDIA] BBCODE on its own without user intervention. That's awesome, @Veer !

1697512116925.webp

I was going to recommend creating a tab on the profile page that goes to that user's audio library but I see you already did it!! Great stuff!! That alleviates any need to have a link to the audio library elsewhere. ❤️

Here's my only other question/concern ... when someone does add a song using Spotify, Youtube, etc., it will play beautifully (video and all!!!) via their audio library page, BUT it will still appear on the profile player where it will NOT play which makes it appear to be broken. Not sure what could be done about that? Perhaps when that song shows up provide a link from it to its proper place on the audio library page? Even there it still has a "listen" link that lists it and where it, again, does not play.

1697512409535.webp

versus this below where it will play

1697512435574.webp

which, by the way again, is super crazy awesome!

Those are the only things I can think of at the moment. Loving it.

There are a lot of people in this thread and only my review. If you're here it's because you believe this add-on is a valuable asset to your communities - so let's help make sure others know about it by reviewing it. Not only does this help out Veer, but it also helps all of us who are invested in the project it's development, and growth.

Making this takes time and money to create and it's being made available to us --- let's help promote it!

Attachments

• 1697512383451.webp
    1697512383451.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 5
I love this! Good call.... at least until we have a pop up or something that shows them the types of files accepted! Maybe a link to a help page or something...

View attachment 292564
I do think showing accepted file formats will make a BIG difference, though, as you've noted above.

It seems like we need clearer guidelines for this, so here is our response in v2.1.0.1.

Profile-Audio-v2101-Suppoerted-Audio-Files.png

What would be absolutely amazing :) (🙏 feature request from my end!) would be if it were able to play icecast/shoutcast streams through the URL function (for internet radio stations) --- speaking of that, may I email you about a possible enhancement/dev request?
Send me those links in a direct message, and I will check if they can be supported or not.

What can we do to help with that limitation on music playing from those sites like Spotify? Is it something that could be managed through an API? I'm sure that's no easy task as every music provider has their own requirements and such.
We adhere to the standard embedding methods, similar to how XenForo itself operates. Therefore, this behavior is expected, and we are currently unable to make any changes to it.

Was hoping I could put forth a feature request. Upon linking spotify/any track name - it would be great if you could extract all of the meta data from that source and input. Album name, track length, genre etc. For people who want to add albums or tracks by bulk, it would save a lot of time. This is one of a few things holding me back a little as it will take quite some time. If needed, I can elaborate further :)
Implementing this would require API integration, which is currently not planned and has been addressed before.

Very impressive update once again @Veer

The addition of the comments system is much appreciated as is the member profile listings

member_profiles_audio.webp comments.webp

After testing with just a few usergroups I'm now happy to open it up to all my members with this latest update :)

1) Embedding a song (Youtube for example)

1697511823865.png

This may or may not be by design, but when I enter a URL into the Spotify field (cause it's Spotify) and fill out the information about the song above then save -- this is the error received. Once I put that URL in the top, as well, it will then work -- but I wouldn't think to do that just off the top of my head.
In the v2.1.0 update, we made it possible to ignore the "Upload file" and "Provide audio file link" options by disabling the "Enable Listen tab" in Admin options. This change was explained in the update changelog.

Disable-Listen-Tab.webp

However, we now believe that it's unnecessary to require "Upload file" and "Provide audio file link" in any case. This is because some users might enter incorrect or unsupported links, which could activate the player, but the player won't play these wrong or unsupported links. As a result, people might think there's something wrong with the player itself, when in fact, the problem started with the entry of incorrect or unsupported audio links.

To address this, in v2.1.0.1, we no longer require "Upload file" and "Provide audio file link" under any situation.

Last edited:
This is awesome, though, I love how when you enter the URL into the music provider field it automatically gets placed into [MEDIA] BBCODE on its own without user intervention. That's awesome, @Veer !

1697512116925.png
Glad you liked it! 👍

I was going to recommend creating a tab on the profile page that goes to that user's audio library but I see you already did it!! Great stuff!! That alleviates any need to have a link to the audio library elsewhere. ❤️
Thank you for your kind words. I'm pleased that it addresses the concern you raised in another post as well. 😊👌

Here's my only other question/concern ... when someone does add a song using Spotify, Youtube, etc., it will play beautifully (video and all!!!) via their audio library page, BUT it will still appear on the profile player where it will NOT play which makes it appear to be broken. Not sure what could be done about that? Perhaps when that song shows up provide a link from it to its proper place on the audio library page? Even there it still has a "listen" link that lists it and where it, again, does not play.

1697512409535.png
This only happens when a user enters an incorrect or unsupported audio link in the 'Provide a link to the audio file' field. Simply remove that link, and the player will disappear.

If you don't intend to allow users to 'Upload files' or 'Provide links to audio files,' you should consider disabling the 'Enable Listen Tab' option, which is available in (v2.1.0) Admin options under 'Tabs options.'

Last edited:
Those are the only things I can think of at the moment. Loving it.

There are a lot of people in this thread and only my review. If you're here it's because you believe this add-on is a valuable asset to your communities - so let's help make sure others know about it by reviewing it. Not only does this help out Veer, but it also helps all of us who are invested in the project it's development, and growth.

Making this takes time and money to create and it's being made available to us --- let's help promote it!
We welcome your feedback, and we always strive to make changes and additions to meet our customers' needs. Your excellent review and trust in us with the branding-free license are genuinely appreciated. 😊👍

We're eagerly looking forward to more reviews from our happy customers! 😊👍

@Veer - thanks for all of your hard work on this mod. I previously customized the profile player. When I installed the latest version, I am not seeing the new player at all - just the previous customized version. Any tips on how to get the new player to show up?

Also - just a follow-up to ask if you all plan to add a method to select which audio file plays on visiting the profile page? Currently looks like it goes with last audio file added. Could that be an option in the 'Manage your audios' drop-down next to each track ('Set as profile auto-play track')?

@Veer - thanks for all of your hard work on this mod. I previously customized the profile player. When I installed the latest version, I am not seeing the new player at all - just the previous customized version. Any tips on how to get the new player to show up?
In the upgrade notes we tried to cover this.

Upgrade Notes 📝
  • If you have made modifications to the templates, be sure to make a backup of those changes, and then revert those templates.

So, you would need to make a backup of your customized templates and revert to master (default). When new player starts appearing as it should then you may reapply the customization from your backup templates.

This only happens when a user enters an incorrect or unsupported audio link in the 'Provide a link to the audio file' field. Simply remove that link, and the player will disappear.
Is it possible to set it up so that when you add an audio file, you can either upload a file (MP3 or other accepted format), provide a link, OR provide a You Tube link? Currently you have to do one of the first two. If you add a You Tube link it will play under the 'You Tube Music' tab, but it won't play in the profile. Since it seems like users not being able to find accepted links to songs, and most folks not having their own uploadable versions available, having the option to upload You Tube videos as a 3rd option that will play in the profile page would be awesome.

Also - just a follow-up to ask if you all plan to add a method to select which audio file plays on visiting the profile page? Currently looks like it goes with last audio file added. Could that be an option in the 'Manage your audios' drop-down next to each track ('Set as profile auto-play track')?
Sure, we're planning on adding a multiple playlists feature, which should fulfill your request.

We mentioned it in our recent update, so please check it out if you missed it.

Is it possible to set it up so that when you add an audio file, you can either upload a file (MP3 or other accepted format), provide a link, OR provide a You Tube link? Currently you have to do one of the first two. If you add a You Tube link it will play under the 'You Tube Music' tab, but it won't play in the profile. Since it seems like users not being able to find accepted links to songs, and most folks not having their own uploadable versions available, having the option to upload You Tube videos as a 3rd option that will play in the profile page would be awesome.
This issue will be fully fixed because it keeps coming up even after we added the option to turn off the Listen tab. (When you disable that you won't be required to upload audio or provide a link).

In the next update, version 2.1.1, we'll do the following:
  1. Give users clearer guidelines on supported file types and the correct URL format.
  2. Validate if the audio file link is valid to prevent unsupported file types and invalid URLs like YouTube or Spotify.
  3. You won't have to upload audio or provide a link if you don't have one. You can simply submit the track without entering an invalid URL. However, you can still achieve this in v2.1.0 by disabling the option Enable Listen Tab in admin options, as @Gemma did, I think. 🤔

Firstly, please don't take any feedback as criticism - it's not. You've put a ton of work into the mod and you respond to questions/requests/feedback which is amazing. It's hard to keep up with the updates so apologize if I miss some details :)

As to your point that we can 'achieve this in v2.1.0 by disabling the 'enable listen' option. Yes - but what I would like (and I know, we don't always get what we want, lol) is to be able to upload using only a You Tube link (which gives access to just about any music ever made) and have the embedded video and audio play (or even just the audio) play in the profile player. I get I can just turn it off so an upload/url aren't required, but that doesn't accomplish what I'm talking about. The reason I'm beating that drum is because folks are having trouble with the other two options (upload/url) but could manage You Tube links with ease. If that's beyond the scope or just too difficult to do, I get it.

I am getting quite a few exception errors with this last version. May be something on my end but I didn't have any previously. Should I post here or message screenshots, or just wait for future updates?

I am getting quite a few exception errors with this last version. May be something on my end but I didn't have any previously. Should I post here or message screenshots, or just wait for future updates?
You can send me those error details from the server error log in a direct message here, or you can also open a support ticket on our website anytime.

Top Bottom