[XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player & Library - Music and Lyrics

[XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player & Library - Music and Lyrics [Paid] 2.1.3

No permission to buy ($55.00)
I purchased this today but I am not able to install the add-on on my Xenforo 2.2 site and get this error message:

"Could not process XenCustomize-ProfileAudioPlayer-2.0.3-byouw4.zip: The following requirements for [XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player were not met: [XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player requires Browser Detection v2.3.0+."

Appreciate some assistance and thanks in advance.
Additional requirements: Browser Detection v2.3.0+ by Xon

You need this addon too

New update (v2.0.4) is coming up shortly.

Key highlights:​

• Minimelody Player Styling Enhancements
    • The Minimelody player on Audio View has received styling improvements.
    • It now utilizes standard XenForo Color palettes to enhance its appearance on dark styles.
    • Display on mobile devices has been significantly enhanced for a better user experience.
  • Improved Styling for Various Layouts
    • Several new layouts have been updated to use standard XenForo Color palettes, enhancing their display on dark styles.

Veer updated [XenCustomize] Profile Audio Player - Profile Music & Lyrics with a new update entry:

2.0.4 - Minimelody Player Styling Enhancements, Improved display on dark styles

Profile Audio Player v2.0.4 Has Released! 📢

During maintenance on a client's website while working in dark style, some necessary styling corrections were discovered. As a result, we've just rolled out an important update to enhance your experience, especially on dark-themed styles. Be sure to upgrade to take advantage of these improvements.

📜 Changelog​

🎵 Minimelody Player Styling Enhancements​

• The Minimelody player on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible develop APIs of this add-on, in order to port it to my native mobile app?
Absolutely, it's possible. Please provide more details via direct message. Our roadmap is quite full as we're gearing up for a major release (v2.1) with an exciting big feature.

You need this addon too

Thanks - I figured it out but appreciate the help. I'm having a time with this add-on though, probably just a learning curve.

Is there a way to hide the player on the profile page? I am using a profile photo add-on and the player doesn't fit in that space. It would be nice to be able to have a song play without a visible player, or possibly a small icon that could be clicked if folks wanted to view the player. Another option would be to add player position options such as the option to place it at the very bottom of the profile page.

I am struggling to find a way to locate a url for Apple Music songs in my personal library. I don't see any 'sharing' options that provide an .mp3 or other accepted format in URL form?

One other question - is the song that auto-plays upon opening a profile page always the last one added, or can you set one by default, or does it play through your entire playlist based on the order of the songs listed?

Apologize for all of the questions - I am a newb. I have read what I could find here to try and get more clarity but still have a lot of questions.

Absolutely, it's possible. Please provide more details via direct message. Our roadmap is quite full as we're gearing up for a major release (v2.1) with an exciting big feature.
Do you think you would or could publish the roadmap? Thanks 😁

More specifically, on the Apple Music site, I am able to locate songs, click on 'Share' and copy the link, but when I enter that url in the 'Provide a link to the audio file' field and save, the song does not actually load (I see 00:00) for song duration. I do not use any other music services beyond Apple Music. What am I missing?

More specifically, on the Apple Music site, I am able to locate songs, click on 'Share' and copy the link, but when I enter that url in the 'Provide a link to the audio file' field and save, the song does not actually load (I see 00:00) for song duration. I do not use any other music services beyond Apple Music. What am I missing?
We're mainly just using Spotify on my site (most of my members wouldn't know where to locate, download or link mp3 files). I have disabled the "Enable Listen tab" in the options and we just copy the Spotify/iTunes/SoundCloud link into the "Provide a Link" field and embed that same link into the appropriate embed field too.

The downside is....the player doesn't play the embedded link songs on member profile but hopefully this is something that @Veer and the team can addrerss.

Not ideal but it is something we can work with.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-08 164726.webp
    Screenshot 2023-10-08 164726.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2023-10-08T15-50-06.452Z.webp
    Screenshot_2023-10-08T15-50-06.452Z.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
We're mainly just using Spotify on my site (most of my members wouldn't know where to locate, download or link mp3 files). I have disabled the "Enable Listen tab" in the options and we just copy the Spotify/iTunes/SoundCloud link into the "Provide a Link" field and embed that same link into the appropriate embed field too.

The downside is....the player doesn't play the embedded link songs on member profile but hopefully this is something that @Veer and the team can addrerss.

Thanks Gemma, that's pretty much what I'm experiencing. I do have an app to convert You Tube videos to MP3 so I have that workaround. But for the average user, the ability to find the MP3 url seems like a big barrier.

More questions...

Where can I adjust the colors of the function buttons circled... I can't find it in style properties...

profileaudio1.webp

And where can I tweak the player height to match the height of the profile photo field?

profileaudio2.webp

Where can I adjust the colors of the function buttons circled... I can't find it in style properties...
In version 2.0.4, we attempted to make things better in dark styles. However, the player we use for the Audio view pages is the default browser player that we've customized. Changing the colors for light and dark styles has been challenging, and we had better outcomes with the style we initially tested. But for certain dark styles like TH, we noticed different results. So, we're in the process of replacing it with a mini version of our completely custom player, which we use in Profiles.

Last edited:
I would like to request two features for future updates:

1. The ability to hide the player on the profile page (but still have an audio track play on visit)
2. The ability to select which audio track will play on profile view (and to be able to easily change that).

This app is really beautifully built. I'm just not sure as @Gemma referenced where members can find URLs from music services like Apple Music that are recognized by the app (such as those ending with .mp3. Works great when audio files are 'attached' but how many folks have their own versions of music tracks they can upload?

Here's a sneak peek of what we're currently working on. The HTML and CSS are all set, and will be fully customizable, but we're yet to tackle the most challenging part – the JavaScript portion.

Audio view mini player dark style.png

Last edited:
This is a fantastic addon @Veer

I'm just thinking out loud here but I'm wondering how feasible it would be to add some sort of basic comments system where other members can comment on your audios?

Also, the ability for members to add more than one playlist and have folders/categories - I have members that would like to add podcasts but I'd like to keep the music and podcasts separate if possible.

Do you think you would or could publish the roadmap? Thanks 😁
A public roadmap can be challenging because plans can change. We might need to adjust priorities or add/remove features. For example, I recently mentioned v2.1, but within a few days, other things became more important, so priorities shifted. :)

Is there a way to hide the player on the profile page? I am using a profile photo add-on and the player doesn't fit in that space. It would be nice to be able to have a song play without a visible player, or possibly a small icon that could be clicked if folks wanted to view the player. Another option would be to add player position options such as the option to place it at the very bottom of the profile page.
1. The ability to hide the player on the profile page (but still have an audio track play on visit)
Currently, the player can be positioned in the sidebar and sidenav. On mobile view, it automatically shifts just below the profile tabs. We'll see if we can add another option to move it down the order on the profile sidebar.

Regarding hiding, there's an admin option called Enable Profile Audio Player to disable the player. However, as of v2.0.4, this option also disables the player on Audio view pages. In a future version, we'll separate this option to only disable the player on profiles.

One other question - is the song that auto-plays upon opening a profile page always the last one added, or can you set one by default, or does it play through your entire playlist based on the order of the songs listed?
The most recently added track is at the top of the list.

The ability to select which audio track will play on profile view (and to be able to easily change that).
There's a button called Playlist toggle that lets you choose any track to play.

Playlist Toggle.webp

This app is really beautifully built. I'm just not sure as @Gemma referenced where members can find URLs from music services like Apple Music that are recognized by the app (such as those ending with .mp3. Works great when audio files are 'attached' but how many folks have their own versions of music tracks they can upload?

Thank you for your kind words. Currently, we have implemented the best possible solutions. Some paid services only allow embedding and limited playback without their apps, which we cannot integrate into our player. Therefore, we've come up with a workaround. We've added buttons and dedicated tabs to embed their player, so users can easily click and play the track on their apps directly.

Top Bottom