[TH] Library [Deleted]

Hi,

Are there any news about completion status for Stage 2? I don't know if the roadmap topic can be edited in archive mode.

You need to make better use of the tools available.
If you want to search for a title, check the appropriate checkbox.

Tut Brogan.

FYI2: I searched Resources for Library - hard to find this addon !

DigD it's because Library comes up a lot through people referring to the Library directory in XF.
I don't know what we can do about that. It shouldn't be necessary to rely on title search because that only helps those who already know the name of the add-on. For anyone looking for an articles addon they wouldn't know to search on "library."

It does come up near the top if you search on ARTICLE DigD.

On topic - Any idea when the next version will be out? Having new posts in the what's new would be much more useful.
Ps. Anyone fancy making a xenporta block that grabs the latest ones?
Also a bug;
http://gamingonlinux.com/xentest/index.php?libraries/reviews.4/
It worked fine earlier, but now the articles links don't work :/

Hi,
Are there any news about completion status for Stage 2? I don't know if the roadmap topic can be edited in archive mode.

I will nag Jon to get the upgrade to us. I know he's been busy negotiating a big work contract.
Far as I know it's already done to integrate what's new.
The design for the new Library listing page we discussed displays the newest. I also talked with him about categories within a Library.

Will send a nag right now.

Any idea on why the links don't work on my test Library?
I have no idea why this is happening. Are you able to give me access to your forum? Or can you replicate this problem by following a number of steps (and then send me those steps) in a fresh forum so that I can replicate and fix it?

I am going to be very busy for the next week as I am moving house, but should have a little bit of free time next weekend. The biggest problem at the moment is that there are so many changes that I need to create an "importer" to convert articles created with the current version of the add-on. I am also keen to avoid doing this again in future, so I want to make sure that I have included everything at this stage. Other than that, the update to the add-on is pretty much ready to be released.

Note: this add-on does not currently work with the latest version (1.1.2a) of Nodes As Tabs. We recommend using version 1.1.2 of Nodes As Tabs until this is resolved.
Did 1.1.2b fix this? I can't really tell from the changelog...

I have no idea why this is happening. Are you able to give me access to your forum? Or can you replicate this problem by following a number of steps (and then send me those steps) in a fresh forum so that I can replicate and fix it?
I have the same issue on my forum. Seems to be related to XenPorta and 'articles' controller...

I have the same issue on my forum. Seems to be related to XenPorta and 'articles' controller...
Yeah think that is the issue, a simple rename of the library controller would solve it?

If this is the problem, then it is up to Morgain whether I fix this or not, unless someone else is willing to contribute to this, since this is not a bug. I would propose that the solution would be to allow for the 'articles' controller to be named as something else as an option in the Admin CP.

I have a brief look through the various pages relating to this mod and just wanted to check whether this was possible at all.

Can this be used in anyway to create pages via the front end?

I have a brief look through the various pages relating to this mod and just wanted to check whether this was possible at all.

Can this be used in anyway to create pages via the front end?

If I understand your question correctly then this is, essentially, exactly what this add-on does. The most notable difference is that articles (which are similar to pages) will not appear in the node tree and the input is BBCode rather than HTML (or PHP, etc).

If I understand your question correctly then this is, essentially, exactly what this add-on does. The most notable difference is that articles (which are similar to pages) will not appear in the node tree and the input is BBCode rather than HTML (or PHP, etc).

Hi Waindigo, many thanks for your reply.

This is the site im currently developing - http://www.mydover.co.uk

Currently ive been adding all the content using Xenforo pages, which is great, however as it has no WYSIWYG editor it can be a rather drawn out process. Plus if I need other people to help, they also need a knowledge of HTML to be able to create/edit pages.

I installed Librarys and I thought it was going to do the exact job I wanted - I created a Library, created a page tab then went an added content, however it shows up in a directory.

Is there anyway of creating a stand alone page with the front end control, however without having it placed within a directory. Hope that makes sense :confused:

I would propose that the solution would be to allow for the 'articles' controller to be named as something else as an option in the Admin CP.
This would be reasonnable solution as it would not break existing external links and would allow coexistence with the widely-used Xen-Porta addon.

Just been playing around with this some more and was wondering if anyone could help with the below :)

article.webp

Where the avatar is being displayed, Is it possible to
1)Remove the avatar totally
2) Place a seperate thumbnail in the location?

Top Bottom