[TH] Library [Deleted]

Hi,

I received an error after upgrading and creating an article.

Invalid model 'NodesAsTabs_Model_Options' specified
  1. XenForo_Model::create() in Waindigo/Library/ControllerPublic/Article.php at line 14
  2. Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_Article->_postDispatch() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 353
  3. XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 317
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /public_html/index.php at line 13

I am just releasing a fix for this now...

I tried installing this on my dev forum which uses XF 1.1.0

Got the following error @ http://mmazone.com.au/dev/forums/libraries/test-library.3/

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_Library_Model_Options::handleRoute() in /home/ddmmh/public_html/dev/forums/library/Waindigo/Library/ControllerPublic/Library.php on line 31

Any ideas? thanks

Looks like you also have Nodes As Tabs installed. Do you have the latest version of this installed?

I tried installing this on my dev forum which uses XF 1.1.0

Got the following error @ http://mmazone.com.au/dev/forums/libraries/test-library.3/

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_Library_Model_Options::handleRoute() in /home/ddmmh/public_html/dev/forums/library/Waindigo/Library/ControllerPublic/Library.php on line 31

Any ideas? thanks
The new version 1.1.0b should now work for you, although you will have to upgrade to the new version of Nodes As Tabs to be able to set Library nodes as tabs.

Great Addon.

I have this error when editing quick reply.

error.webp

When attached a ZIP file, this is not displayed in the article, but if the pictures.

In the view of articles, the avatar is not displayed.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Great Addon.

I have this error when editing quick reply.

View attachment 25665
Thanks. I will issue an update shortly.

When attached a ZIP file, this is not displayed in the article, but if the pictures.
Attachments other than images are not currently supported.

In the view of articles, the avatar is not displayed.

View attachment 25666

Thanks and sorry for my english.
Not sure what is happening here. This seems to be working for some people and not others. I need to investigate further.

The files attach and avatars don't show (permission OK), an idea ?

This feature is only for attaching images at present, and you must put the images in your pages. Other types of attachments are not yet supported.

The new version 1.1.0b should now work for you, although you will have to upgrade to the new version of Nodes As Tabs to be able to set Library nodes as tabs.
Thanks for the quick reply. Will update nodes with tabs and try with the latest version of your add-on, cheers

Another suggestion: any chance of being able to define an URL portion for libraries, as with pages/forums? Eg /libraries/some-title/ instead of /libraries/some-title.12/ ? Would be nice.

Wow i have to say i hate posting this as it is so noobie-ish. How do i start to create articles and where are they linked ?

Okay I found it . How would i put this at the top in navigation menu ?

Wow i have to say i hate posting this as it is so noobie-ish. How do i start to create articles and where are they linked ?
mmoore sorted it out but for the benefit of any other newcomers here's how to get started.

First you have to make a Library.
You do that just like you create a forum, category or page. It's a node.

Admincp/ Applications/ Create New Node.
Select Library.
Enter - title/ description/parent/ order / display in node tree
Select to display in node tree for now to make editing easier.
Save

Check you have given yourself the Library Permissions - either via your usergroup as admin or your personal account. You need edit permissions!

Then you can go to the frontend - your forums list and see your Library there.
Click it open.
You'll see Create New Article to click.

You need to give your Article a Title, and Content.
You probably want to give it Preview text - this will show on its Library list page.

You can have just one Library or several.
They act like category containers to list their contents.
They can also contain other Libraries, or even a forum, or XF Category.

I'll post again with some tips on using nodes-as-tabs with this.

Show Library on a tab but NOT on the node tree:
Set the Library NOT display on the node tree.
But set it to display as tab.

Show items below the first tab on the secondary navbar:
Make the other items children of this Library (another Library/ a forum/ a category).
Set the first Library show its children as links/ and set to show popup.

If you wanted an Article (in this Library or any other!) to show as a secondary tab:
Create a Link Forum to point to the Article.
Make the LinkForum a child of the Library on the top tab.
This can also be used to point to any other URL you like - things like What's New/ Conversation list/ an external URL or anything you like.
Or you can use nodes-as-tabs feature to add an extra template with a list of links. (Not difficult will give instructions))

Remember also a Library can contain other Libraries. So you can create a Main Library to contain all your other Libraries.
This is what I have done so I have a Main Library directory of the other Libraries.

Having struggled in the past to manage with the standard Pages I have now transferred content from some Pages I had made
I was delighted to find I could copy/ paste the whole page content on the frontend to an Article.
The images showed up and cute stuff so did a couple of sections with table columns.

Now I am not sure what happened here though it was cool so I haven't deleted the original Pages.
Are these images showing up on a direct link because I uploaded them originally by ftp?
I think so because this is an example of the URL for one:
http://housemorgain.co.uk/circle/styles/default/forum-list3.png

So I guess I could delete those clunky Pages?

Article link I'm talking about is here:
http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/circle/articles/about-using-the-forums.17/

found a bug with the phrases

I have startet to translate this addon to german.
when i try to export the phrases i am not able to choose the addon in the list.

Sorry, my fault. Got it to work. (have to sleep more) :oops:

Just a couple of suggestions for future updates.

For people with wider screens (24" and over) would it be possible to make the articles appear in columns; perhaps give an option that can be clicked? Shorter lines make for easier reading as opposed to stretching out across the whole screen lol.

I'm not sure if this next suggestion is something that needs to be implemented at the Xenforo core or whether you can do it; when you upload an image is it possible to choose how the text wraps around the image; left or right depending on the placement of the image?

When someone creates a new article would it be possible for an auto notification to be sent to a designated forum (this could list the title, username and summary) so that people know a new article has been published?

I think this is a brilliant add-on with so much potential.

:)

Just a couple of suggestions for future updates.
For people with wider screens (24" and over) would it be possible to make the articles appear in columns; perhaps give an option that can be clicked? Shorter lines make for easier reading as opposed to stretching out across the whole screen lol.

Suggestions very welcome and glad you like it.

Davy you can do this with a template edit. Let me know if you need help with that.
I edited myself to make my Article page content area not so wide see for example
http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/circle/articles/hanes-cymru-history-of-wales-timeline.13/

I'm not sure if this next suggestion is something that needs to be implemented at the Xenforo core or whether you can do it; when you upload an image is it possible to choose how the text wraps around the image; left or right depending on the placement of the image?

That is not a standard part of the bbcode editor - you'll see you can't do it in forum posts which uses the same editor.
It can however be done with another addon. I think I mentioned this in my other thread LIBRARY

When someone creates a new article would it be possible for an auto notification to be sent to a designated forum (this could list the title, username and summary) so that people know a new article has been published?
The next stage which was going to be done this last week but got delayed, is to link a forum discussion threads to the Article. This can either be an existing thread or a new one. If a new one that will trigger the new item alerts.
The forum thread will be copied as a duplicate under the Article on all its pages.
But also Library Articles are to be integrated into What's New - again this was planned for last week. Should appear next week.

I think this is a brilliant add-on with so much potential.

:)

Top Bottom