Resource icon

Template Modification System (TMS) 1.3.1

No permission to download
I finally gave up on TMS and redid all my modifications using TM core. The original TMS was great; I found the current version clumsy and strange to work with. It did not associate with styles correctly. I believe in the idea of a style based TMS, but TM core is good as long as you are OK with it applying to the master templates.

I have installed this, but can not find how to use it. All I can see is the normal link to Template Modifications, and a dropdown to choose the style. When I choose a style it says (of course) No template modifications have been defined yet.

But I can not see the button as shown in the screenshots for Create New Template Modification.

Can anyone help please?

I have installed this, but can not find how to use it. All I can see is the normal link to Template Modifications, and a dropdown to choose the style. When I choose a style it says (of course) No template modifications have been defined yet.

But I can not see the button as shown in the screenshots for Create New Template Modification.

Can anyone help please?
This addon enhances the built-in TMS.

You must be in Debug Mode to add and edit Template Modifications.

This addon enhances the built-in TMS.

You must be in Debug Mode to add and edit Template Modifications.

Aha, OK thanks. Got it now.

All I have though what looks like the xenforo Template Modification System, but applying to different styles. Am I missing anything? because the screenshots here show something different. e.g. I don't see the different colours as shown here:

screenshot4-png.25852

How do I modify a template modified by a style?

I tried going to my sub-style of the style I want to modify and click on create a new modification.
I then enter PAGE_CONTAINER in the template. I then get the unmodified XenForo master template for this template and not the one from the style it self.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone else not able to make template edits to the footer template? My edits aren't applying to that template no matter where i make them.

I have this problem even on the default XF style.

Last edited:
I have a template modification to the footer no problem. It is however done using the XF core TM system (not TMS which I could not get working once I moved forward from XF 1.2). I did have a footer modification on 1.2 with TMS.

Even with TMS disabled it doesnt work for me :S

On top of it, this is on a newly installed forum where no XF settings have been changed aside from TMS addon being installed and a few custom template modifications (none of the others modify footer template).

Last edited:
I'm about to update from 1.1 to 1.4. Keep TMS or uninstall it? That's the big question from me. I have a few template modifications done with this add-on but not anything I can't live without when upgrading.

Try it and let us know what happens. I like the idea of TMS for each style. I only need a single style so the core version modifying master templates is OK for me. The core version can be associated with an add-on, so it is easy to export if needed.

When my forum is upgraded to the latest version I will use one of Audentio's skins. Then I guess I won't have much use of TMS?

Top Bottom