Resource icon

Template Modification System (TMS) 1.3.1

No permission to download
What does this actually do now that most of TMS is in core?
I'm still running TMS, not sure why though or what will happen if I remove it.
  • TMS that is installed with Core applies modified templates to master style.
  • TMS addon allows you to create unique template modification for each style
It is best to have both IMHO

TMS.webp

Last I checked applying to individual styles didn't even work: see previous posts in this thread.

I have it working on my system just fine with PAGE_CONTAINER template

Code:
Find:
<div class="pageContent">

Replace:
<div class="pageContent">
<div>This is test of TMS addon v1.3.1 with the PixelEdit Core style</div>

TMS.webpStyles.webp

Last edited:
I upgraded my board to 1.3.1 from 1.1.4 and upgraded TMS too. But I can not see two buttons: "Create new Template Modification" and "Rebuild Templates".

It is too hard to find what error is. Please help!

I upgraded my board to 1.3.1 from 1.1.4 and upgraded TMS too. But I can not see two buttons: "Create new Template Modification" and "Rebuild Templates".

It is too hard to find what error is. Please help!

you must turn on debug mode so that your ACP will offer you Development option. after that you should be able to "Create new Template Modification" and "Rebuild Templates"

Thanks masterchief. However, in version 1.1.4 I did not turn on debug mode, I had all function. Is there any change? Sorry because so long I did not upgrade my board.

Thanks masterchief. However, in version 1.1.4 I did not turn on debug mode, I had all function. Is there any change? Sorry because so long I did not upgrade my board.

It was probably brought about because XenForo has implemented their own version template modification system being part of the core now .. XenForo version is provided in order to make it easier for developers to create addons. TMS addon goes a step further allowing you to select what style you wish to apply your template modifications

If the style based TMS worked by access using ....../admin.php?template-modifications/add I would be happy with it. The requirement for debug mode is less convenient than previous versions.

After upgrading from XF1.1 to 1.3 I'm not longer able to search template modifications, only templates. I haven't tried reinstalling TMS as I'm afraid of losing all my template modifications...

What could be the problem?

ok how do i use this for my purposes:

i usually like to add custom CSS for user banners or minor things

but i want to apply it to every theme i have so i assume i use the master style..

but i am unsure how to do this since some styles have a blank EXTRA.CSS

how would i make it insert code it is looking for nothing in there to replace with?

and if there is code already i just want it to place it wither at the top or bottom of the rest of the code

and what is meant by Execution Order?

9QnM0.png

i know it could be probably done in the master style EXTRA.CSS template but i was it it re apply when i update xenforo or rebuild the master style

after updating this and enabling debug... i am realising that plugging all my template edits into this long ago was a huge mistake.
i have effectively been left with no means to edit/review my past template work and apply it to the core tms system.
this sucks. how anyone calling themselves a developer could do this just leaves me speechless.

This is not easy to describe. Look at some of the screen shots at the beginning of this addon's overview. In a nut shell, the original Guiltar TMS was exceptionally well laid out and very logical to use. It's style based functionality was easy to understand. As an "overlay" to the handling of templates, the TMS was very convenient during upgrades. You simply went down the TMS list and then changed whichever modification did not "apply" (this occurred when the upgraded version of XF would have some new things added to a template).

Hello, I've installed TMS from a long time. Now I've XF 1.3.5 and I'll upgrade to 1.4 asap.

Do I need to have TMS addon installed? I'm a little confused since XF has its own template modification system and now I'm not able to understand if I need to have the addon installed and, eventually, where to look at to see if I've made some template edits using the addon or not.

Sorry for the dumb question but the fact is that I don't want to lose any modification, if I ever made it, and I'd like to remove the TMS addon if I don't need it.

Also I see only Template Modifications under Appearance. Is this one TMS or this is the built in XF system?

Thank you for any help

Hello, I've installed TMS from a long time. Now I've XF 1.3.5 and I'll upgrade to 1.4 asap.

Do I need to have TMS addon installed? I'm a little confused since XF has its own template modification system and now I'm not able to understand if I need to have the addon installed and, eventually, where to look at to see if I've made some template edits using the addon or not.

Sorry for the dumb question but the fact is that I don't want to lose any modification, if I ever made it, and I'd like to remove the TMS addon if I don't need it.

Also I see only Template Modifications under Appearance. Is this one TMS or this is the built in XF system?

Thank you for any help

before you do anything like an upgrade, copy and paste your tms edits to a text doc.
you will thank me.

before you do anything like an upgrade, copy and paste your tms edits to a text doc.
you will thank me.
or if you made ur own add-one and attached those TMS edits to it. there is no need...

so even after upgrade those edits still should stick as long it is attached to another add one. not the XenForo One..

Top Bottom