Resource icon

Template Modification System (TMS) 1.3.1

No permission to download
1. what's your paypal address?

2. one small suggestion:

It would be great, if we could also export the modifications as a text file with human instructions so the add-on coders could provide the infos very comfortable to users without installed tms.. so they would be able to change the templates them self if they want^^
e.g.

Code:
[URL='http://xenforo.com/community/file:///C:/Users/ajnos/Downloads/addon-ragtekTestSuite.xml#']-[/URL] <modification title="test" template_title="PAGE_CONTAINER" execute_order="10" modification_type="str_replace" callback_class="" callback_method="" description="test desc" version_id="0" version_string="" active="1">
[URL='http://xenforo.com/community/file:///C:/Users/ajnos/Downloads/addon-ragtekTestSuite.xml#']-[/URL] <search_value>
-<![CDATA[
<meta charset="utf-8" />
  ]]>
  </search_value>
[URL='http://xenforo.com/community/file:///C:/Users/ajnos/Downloads/addon-ragtekTestSuite.xml#']-[/URL] <replace_value>
[URL='http://xenforo.com/community/file:///C:/Users/ajnos/Downloads/addon-ragtekTestSuite.xml#']-[/URL]<![CDATA[
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<meta daniel="test" />
  ]]>
  </replace_value>
becomes
open template PAGE_CONTAINER
search for
---------------------
<meta charset="utf-8" />
---------------------

replace it with
---------------------
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<meta daniel="test" />
---------------------

1. what's your paypal address?

2. one small suggestion:

It would be great, if we could also export the modifications as a text file with human instructions so the add-on coders could provide the infos very comfortable to users without installed tms.. so they would be able to change the templates them self if they want^^
e.g.
Thanks! Leaved paypal in PM.

About instunction: this may work only for str_replace but may confuse non-technical users with regular expressions.
Maybe just copy description from each modification?

I may be missing it, but is there an easy way to export the modifications I've done?
Create addon like MyModifications, asscociate all your mydification with the addon and export the addon.
Also you may export them together with any style.

Create addon like MyModifications, asscociate all your mydification with the addon and export the addon.
Also you may export them together with any style.
Ah I got ya, that's easy enough. Toss me your paypal in a PM :) want to send a few bucks your way when payday hits. You have saved me a ton of time and headaches with this.

Some more requests:

1. autocomplete for template title
2. After you've set the template title, load an container with an code field containing the template code, so it's easier to search & replace and we don#t need to do the extrasteps
(something like
requ.webp

I need and example to get me going .. I am just not getting where to start with this addon. A simple EXTRA.CSS example would suffice. thanx in advance.

I need and example to get me going .. I am just not getting where to start with this addon. A simple EXTRA.CSS example would suffice. thanx in advance.
EXTRA.CSS is actually a bad example, because that is information that is protected from upgrade and you really should never have to revert that template. Let's take this for an example I did on my boards:

I wanted to have some text appear above the breadcrumb, I would put in breadcrumb as the template and search and replace.

Then in the original box it would be this:

Code:
<xen:edithint template="breadcrumb.css" />

<nav>

Because I want my text between those 2 pieces.

In the replacement box it would be this:

Code:
<span>This is the text I want to appear!</span>
<nav>

Now when the breadcrumb template is rendered my extra tag will be in there without having to edit the template. This protects the style from upgrades and ever having to be reverted. It is effectively a way to have template edits done without using a custom addon to do it. Pretty much any template modification can be done in some way if you can find text to search and replace or are good with regular expressions.

Hope that helps!

EXTRA.CSS is a file for containing your custom CSS your want to add without editing stock CSS files. If you want to change the color, border width,... you can use this file. But if you want to re-arrange elements like message bar, you have to to edit HTML templates. Normally, when you do this, the template is marked as modified, and if you upgrade xenforo, those modified template will not be upgraded.

This resource (TMS) is a system that allow you to modify template without manual editing. You can search for elements in HTML templates and replace with the thing you want. This way you can save your time when you upgrade xenforo.

Check javascript enabled in your browser. Do you see autocomplete like in the picture?

Attachments

• Screenshot_18.webp
    Screenshot_18.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 23
autocomplete is there... YES.. I am working with breadcrumb template .. I press ENTER and get error: Please enter valid search string

Attachments

• modification.webp
    modification.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 22
  • error.webp
    error.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 21
This is your search string
Code:
this is replace string
Code:
<span>This is the text I want to appear!</span>

it is working .. but I never was able to get original template text to appear via autocomplete

I now see where I can use this to best advantage... particularly PAGE_CONTAINER template

thank you for this addon

Top Bottom