Many of the same reasons why we will not use TT once we move over to XF.Reasons why I will remove tapatalk after the migration to xenforo:
- search will soon show changes from other sites, leading our members away from other sites.
- TT tries to store attachments on their servers, so that we can never leave them. I blocked this.
- TT shows ads to users even though I have repeatedly opted out.
- TT forces our members to login through tapatalk instead of using our login. (by hiding the normal login) This means that TT stores our member data.
- The Tapatalk home screen has a feed tab showing new content from all sites the member is member of. This means that its less attractive to browse one particular site and more attractive to browse all at once.
- With each update (every few weeks) usergroup permissions are removed.
- Xenforo is already responsive.
- PUSHover provides PUSH notifications for xenforo.
- TT does not show content from our addons like gallery, blog, wiki, groups, reviews, etc.
- TT does not show any custom functionality which makes that my highly customized site does not stand out from others, but looks like just another forum.
- TT policy updates steadily move towards less control for webmasters and more control and benefits for tapatalk.
I agree. I will post it in the development request forum, not the plugin request forum.It's not just an addon that is needed. I was talking about an app (iPhone, android, WP) to replace Tapatalk's app
As well as providing xenforo specific functionality as discussed here