Lower Price. No more app store submissions.
We saved the best news of the year for our last newsletter of the year. We have been listening to feedback on ways to improve the BYO program, the program that offers you a branded app for your site. We heard two themes; make BYO less expensive and also make it easier to manage app store submissions. Based on that feedback, we are announcing changes that make BYO far more affordable and easier to submit/update.
Introducing Premium - $10/mo.
We understand that BYO had two pain points: 1) cost and 2) hassle of submitting/updating the app through the app stores (plus the added cost of the developer licenses from Apple and Google). We’ve eliminated those pain points by centralizing the process, lowering the costs and eliminating the hassle.
With the new Premium option, Tapatalk will submit the your BYO branded app and updates through our developer account. You have all the benefits of the BYO branded app that you control, including:
- Your name and logo in the app stores (helping to attract new members through App Store SEO)
- Google App Indexing to improve your SEO rankings by Google (Available January, 2016)
- Control of advertising through DFP and AdMob
- WordPress Support
- Push Notifications
- Photo & Video Sharing in addition to Attachment support
- Smart Banner directing members to your BYO app
- Customization of tabs and colors
- No need to pay/renew for developer accounts at Apple/Google.
While BYO Premium will be on the Tapatalk developer account, the app and the members are yours. We will never email or contact any users of your BYO app. In the future, if you decide to move to Enterprise tier (see below), you will also be able to request app transfer back to your own developer account.