Tab Alerts

Tab Alerts 1.5

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Tab Alerts - Displays tab alerts in your browser tab.

Description:

Displays tab alerts in your browser tab.

The image below shows South Bay Riders with a (1) next to the tab title, this indicated there is one new Conversation or Forum Alert.

(Example of Browser Tabs)

View attachment 81812
Features:
  • Alerts updated in browser tab even if tab is not in focus.
  • Text based alerts work with all popular browsers, computers, tablets and mobile devices.
  • Updates occur every 15 seconds.
  • Shows New Conversation and...

Read more about this resource...

Super and useful addon!

I installed it on your forum (xenForo 1.3.5) and everything works fine.

Thank you for this add-on @AndyB! ;)

Realy nice ... i have it installed now and it works like a charm. Thanks Andy. :)

Great Add on. I have just installed it and it works as announced.

I guess what this does is change the title of the page to add a (1) or the number of alerts. Would you consider making it toggle between (1) Page Tilte – Page Title

Something like this:

http://curtistimson.co.uk/js/create-a-flashing-tab-notification-page-title/
I think this will be a nice option, but not the default setting. Not everyone likes this ... ;)

Good morning....

A question - can the "(x)" be colored? Or can only the Favicon in the tab blink, when the notice count change?

I guess what this does is change the title of the page to add a (1) or the number of alerts. Would you consider making it toggle between (1) Page Tilte – Page Title
Great idea, would be terrific to have. BUT, can I suggest the flashing for new conversations, and current functionality for alerts.

Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 140433017547128 bytes) - Unknown:0
Generated By: usersnip, 7 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "/index.php?tabalerts"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tabalerts"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["undefined"] => string(0) ""
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/threads/ID-Snip/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}
upload_2014-8-29_5-49-40.webp

Any idea @AndyB ?

Last edited:
This is an excellent plugin. However, upon update - I noticed this no longer works unless there's some kind of backend enable/disable I'm not seeing?

Also, just a question that some of my members asked, could it be possible a sound feature along with the tab alert be implemented? Basically how Facebook has where someone sends you a message or you get an alert, you'll hear the sound. Maybe if you choose to do this, you could implement an option to enable/disable it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I fixed my above issue by uninstalling the plugin, removing the TabAlerts folder in /library/Andy/ and then reinstalling it over again.

AndyB updated Tab Alerts with a new update entry:

See description.

Tab Alerts v1.3 changes:

Added audio alert option. Now in addition to the tab alert, a beep will let you know there are is a new alert.

If upgrading from a previous version, make sure you follow the Overview Installation and Setup instructions. Also be sure to reload the page for the new JavaScript code to be updated.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom