Not planned Switch 'New Posts' and 'Mark Forums Read' positions on secondary menu

treguard

Hi guys,

I'm a big supporter of links being listed left to right, in order of priority. Don't know about everyone else but I use the 'New Posts' link all of the time and rarely use the 'Mark Forums Read' link. Would it make more sense to swap the positions of the 'New Posts' link and the 'Mark Forums Read' link?

Thanks for listening!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There's a problem with this suggestion...

Secondary links are actually ranked in importance from right to left, in terms of responsive design.

Imagine New Posts and Mark Forums Read have swapped places and you are browsing on a mobile:

upload_2014-9-30_10-44-12.webp

So the suggestion actually needs to encompass some sort of improved priority logic over the links.

Thanks all, I should have realised that this is already an oft-visited area of discussion ;)

Secondary links are actually ranked in importance from right to left, in terms of responsive design.

I actually edited the template to get the order I liked but then I noticed on my mobile device that the left-most links were now hidden on the smaller screen.
Looking forward to a possible solution in XF 2.0 :love:

Top Bottom