As designed Mark forums read not for guests?

Micky

Affected version
Hello,

it is not possible to mark 'Mark forums read' as guest. I can't set it under the user rights and the direct link '.../forums/-/mark-read?date=1511634589' doesn't work either! Isn't that possible?

No, it's not possible.

Read marking is only for logged in users. Read marking all happens in the database against a user ID record.

I think I got what he is referring to.

When you are registered the bubble icon next to each forum when there are unread posts is ORANGE and when they are read it becomes GRAYISH BUT for guests is always ORANGE.

And thats why he used manually the link to mak forums as read but it doesn’t work since it doesn’t apply for guests.

What a puzzle to solve :p

If it is that, then it basically demonstrates to guests which forums have relatively recent content.

Because we don’t maintain any read marking data for guests, anything posted in the last 30 days (by default) is considered recent.

^ That explains what I have noticed since upgrading to XF2 -- When I log out, there is one forum (from Nov 7) which appears to be read (light blue speech bubble icon instead of orange). It's the only one with this behavior.

Top Bottom