XF 2.1 Unregistered unable to mark forums read?

Max Taxable

I can't get it to where the unregistered usergroup can mark the forums read. I tried changing the Display condition to $xf.visitor in Navigation by editing the function and that works - but on click it prompts login. I want my unregistered guests to be able to mark the forums read without having to log in. My apologies if this has been covered, I searched and looked and didn't find anything on this.

Also, is there a way to disable the popup, "Are you sure you want to" when 'Mark Forums Read' is clicked? This isn't something I believe is necessary. I want to just have the action take place upon the one click.

Ideas?

This action requires you to be registered. The read data is tracked in the database for each user.

There's no option to not require a confirmation. Read marking is actually a "destructive" action, in that it can't be easily reverted, so an accidental click can have negative effects.

I understand there are no options, I suppose I am looking at a modification. But really, read marking is destructive? If they mark read one time and don't like the results, they learn to only do it when they really want everything marked read.

Top Bottom