Lack of interest switch for xf-addon:create

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
While I’m not against the idea, and I appreciate adding switches makes it possible to run certain commands programmatically, I don’t actually understand why you would claim it is easier?

It clearly isn’t because you would have to know the name of the options, and type out the option names as well as the values for them.

So it actually involves more typing that it would do if you just ran the command and answered the questions.

I have accidentally invoked those commands with the add-on ID as a parameter... being able to pass the relevant details via the command in one fell swoop would make everything slightly easier.

I don’t actually understand why you would claim it is easier?
Yes, the idea behind it was really a script.

When versioning, it can be used very nicely, you can read out the existing version and work with it, then you don't always have to keep the version in mind or look it up again.

For the release I read out the add-on folder and then have a choice.

Top Bottom