'Version Check" for all XF Addons

Dragonfruit

@AndyB has a Version check addon for all XF2addon.com addons:

pic001.jpg

I think this would be super helpful and make major upgrades like the move to the upcoming 2.3 less painful.

If Developers have inputted XF 2.3 compatibility, it'd be great to see confirm compatibility from a list overview like that.

Upvote 16
I also have multiple boards and I’ve just created a new development board to develop a new style for an additional board. Once that’s done and ready we’ll acquire another XenForo license and launch it with a new domain.

I’m not alone in owning or managing multiple XenForo boards either. Having an organized addons list detailing current version installed, available update and XF compatibility is huge, especially when each forum uses different sets of addons as they cater to different needs.

This should be core IMO.

Preferably take it one step further and have 1-click upgrades:

Actually, it seems that you are proposing 1-click upgrades. In that case this is a duplicate suggestion.

They've done it before for 1.5:
I think you missed this part of one of my earlier posts. ;)

As I said, the EXACT function you are asking about was provided under a 1.x add-on, and my pocketbook REALLY liked the fact that it was.

That add-on made me some nice pocket change from having to rescue people from it after they "messed up".

Apologies for the late response, but I'd definitely second this suggestion, both in terms of checking version compatibility and providing a way to one click update add ons. WordPress has had this feature for a long time, and it's been a godsend as far as keeping themes and plugins up to date there, while for XenForo it seems like the 'solution' is 'look for the add on in Google, and see if the results that pop up show an updated version number'.

Definitely want to second this one.

The difficult part with one-click upgrades is that some of the third party addons are hosted here on XF and others (usually paid addons) require logins on the developers' own sites to access them.

Top Bottom