Implemented [Suggestons] Smilies

Shelley

This is a minor suggestion, cosmetic as it may be but I think the smilies could be better. Visually appealing smilies on a default product to reflect the theme of the style something pastel, consistent in theme. Again, it's cosmetic, but it'll be nice from the word go to have a nice looking smilies on your default product.

Nice work, so far it's looking good at what I've glanced at.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The default smilies are pretty nice. Shelley's are nice as well. It's a toss up for me.

Restarted on them again and made some minute changes (hopefully for the better). They are still w.i.p so I'm trying to add in more "character" perspective in the design etc. (latest preview) (if yanyone can notice the minute changes)

2zf5xki.png

Restarted on them again and made some minute changes (hopefully for the better). They are still w.i.p so I'm trying to add in more "character" perspective in the design etc. (latest preview) (if yanyone can notice the minute changes)

2zf5xki.png

I do notice. I think it's the yellow ones I'm having a visual issue with Shelley (bad eyes here). It seems that on the colored ones (the blue and red ones) the eyes, mouth, etc stand out more, but on the yellow one, the eyes and mouth are not as noticeable - perhaps pale is the work I'm looking for. Any way to make the features stand out more on the yellow smilies? Like make the black mouth a bit blacker?

I do notice. I think it's the yellow ones I'm having a visual issue with Shelley (bad eyes here). It seems that on the colored ones (the blue and red ones) the eyes, mouth, etc stand out more, but on the yellow one, the eyes and mouth are not as noticeable - perhaps pale is the work I'm looking for. Any way to make the features stand out more on the yellow smilies? Like make the black mouth a bit blacker?

I personally think the black is to high in contrast (shown in the smiley in the far left)

2dshc3o.png

Nope I don't think there's too much black in the one on the left. I could barely see the smile before, and now I can. Could you try to define the smile on the yellow one that is third from the right?

I personally think the black is to high in contrast (shown in the smiley in the far left)

2dshc3o.png

Have to agree, I think there's a bit too much contrast in the mouth and I don't like how the eyes are joined. I liked your first 18px revision better to be honest. :)

I am going to have to say (and no disrespect to Shelley here because I love her work and use her smilies myself), but please, please, keep the ones that are in use now.

Not because Shelley's are not good, they are brilliant, but the ones on here at the moment just have so much character and the more I use them the better I think they are.

*sniggers* I base the undecided preference of smilies to just that preference. Either way, whatever the decision is I'm happy and the offer is still and always be open to kier and mike if they opt for alternative smilies. :)

*sniggers* I base the undecided preference of smilies to just that preference. Either way, whatever the decision is I'm happy and the offer is still and always be open to kier and mike if they opt for alternative smilies. :)

You're right Shelley, it is personal preference, and it's hardly a deal breaker either way.

My personal preference is the ones on here at the moment but if the devs do go with yours that's absolutely fine, they are just as good really. It won't stop me buying a license and I'll leave whatever default smilies ship with it in place (in addition to the 250 odd that I already have of course!)

Use one, keep one, when it comes time for "New Style", pull the reserved one out, and instant new smilies. ;)

That just seems like a cheap trick to me. I would rather they include both at the beginning. That's like when game developers put content on the disk, and then release an "addon" for $10 a month later that does nothing but unlock the content that's already on the disk. :rolleyes:

That just seems like a cheap trick to me. I would rather they include both at the beginning. That's like when game developers put content on the disk, and then release an "addon" for $10 a month later that does nothing but unlock the content that's already on the disk. :rolleyes:

I was merely jesting.

Top Bottom