Implemented [Suggestons] Smilies

Shelley

This is a minor suggestion, cosmetic as it may be but I think the smilies could be better. Visually appealing smilies on a default product to reflect the theme of the style something pastel, consistent in theme. Again, it's cosmetic, but it'll be nice from the word go to have a nice looking smilies on your default product.

Nice work, so far it's looking good at what I've glanced at.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would suggest to use designers found on graphicriver. There are many professionals there... I like the second set far more than the default smileys.

Shelley's are really cool, I would say take them :thumbsup: (<- don't forget this one, Shelley) :)

thumbsup.png
thumbsdown.png
<< thumbsup and down that I designed a while back that I feel would look good. If they want to add them now it's their call. Still working on the smilies, though the problem is if I'm creating a duplicate set to replace them here and they are alongside each other how will both sets be implemented?

thumbsup.png
thumbsdown.png
<< thumbsup and down that I designed a while back that I feel would look good. If they want to add them now it's their call. Still working on the smilies, though the problem is if I'm creating a duplicate set to replace them here and they are alongside each other how will both sets be implemented?

I think the idea is that they would both ship with the software, not that they would be enabled at the same time. So there would still be a 'default', but then forum admins would have two very nice smiley sets to pick out of right out of the box. :)

thumbsup.png
thumbsdown.png

XenSmilies / XenSmilies Lite?

Crappy title, but if there's smilie categories (also enabling to upload/download "smilie packs") you could easily show one or more with category dividers, or enable/disable specific ones.

I think the idea is that they would both ship with the software, not that they would be enabled at the same time. So there would still be a 'default', but then forum admins would have two very nice smiley sets to pick out of right out of the box. :)

Got you. In that case. I'll make this pack a little special and include quite a few smilies in the pack I'll provide. ;)

I prefer the default smilies.

The others although well done are too "girly" for my liking.

I don't think they'd go down too well on my site...

Presumably though, any smilies can be used in place of the shipped ones?

I am rather partial to the XF default smilies, yes even the cross-eyed one, lol. I think that they have character and personality. And they are sized just right.

That's what I like about the xf original ones, they look like they are having fun and have a personality.

Shelley her smilies are nice, but then again, there are 500 smilie sets on the Internet, and majority of them look amazing too. Her set could perhaps be one of the many coming downloads in the upcoming mod section here on xenforo? That way it's an option for those who like them over the default set.

I prefer Shelley's as they just look nicer to me (No offense ;p).

They look much leaner as well, and seem to fit the design much more.

That just seems like a cheap trick to me. I would rather they include both at the beginning. That's like when game developers put content on the disk, and then release an "addon" for $10 a month later that does nothing but unlock the content that's already on the disk. :rolleyes:

Like when I "upgraded" to Win 7 Pro!

Top Bottom