Implemented [Suggestion] twitter integration

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
What is it with you people and Twitter/Facebook integration. They are the greatest Internet evils ever created. I can't stand either one. :(

*I better be able to turn all this social media crap off in the AdminCP, to.

What is it with you people and Twitter/Facebook integration. They are the greatest Internet evils ever created. I can't stand either one. :(

Why would you clasify a SSO option? You may not like Twitter or Facebook but if a new user can sign up on your site by simply entering their facebook details or twitter details they you are in for a Win... The easier it is to sign up on your site the more people who will do it...

I hope that we get Twitter Registration and Signin options as well as many other SSO options like OpenID and google accounts etc.

Sorry just because you can't stand social media doesn't make them internet evils, before reaching for the admin cp to turn them off, think about it for a moment, you run a forum for the benefit of your members, if they demand social media on your site then you give it to them, they won't think twice about going to your rival.

Exactly!

Allowing somebody to register a name, and using their OpenID for the credentials would be so convenient~! I know that a lot of times, I will find a forum interesting, although I don't register as there's too much hassle having to fill out the form with all of the information, making sure you have a good password (that you can remember), and having to open up your email, finding the confirmation message, and clicking on the link.

For sites like Slashdot, I can just log in through gmail and be at my account without having to remember what my password is for "yet another forum".

http://twitter.com/goodies/tweetbutton

Think this Tweet Button integration must be quite new as I'm starting to see it pop up on sites now.. Thought I'd give it a mention.

Mockup:
tvitar.png

They both drive a lot of traffic to my site. A HELL of a lot. I don't do anything but set my rss feeds up to post on them either. If you don't need or want traffic, then don't use them.

I would like to see a log in option to log in with Twitter ID.

You obviously haven't used either to bring traffic to your site. Twitter especially brings a lot of traffic in conjunction with TwitterFeeds and RSS.

I personally would like Twitter integration as I think it's useful, even though I'm not a big Twitter user myself there are a lot who are.

I personally don't use Twitter a lot, but I would like to see Twitter integration. I would like to see a Twitter login like Facebook, but I would also like an option to display Twitter feeds on the user's profiles.

For those who question the use of social media, an example for you. :) I recently wrote a small web application for my school/group of friends, and well, take a look at the traffic numbers. They speak for themselves.
socialmedia.webp

This was all from the Facebook Like button. :) Social media can bring TONS of traffic back to your site. If you don't want that, you're foolish, in my opinion. :)

For those who question the use of social media, an example for you. :) I recently wrote a small web application for my school/group of friends, and well, take a look at the traffic numbers. They speak for themselves.
View attachment 1349

This was all from the Facebook Like button. :) Social media can bring TONS of traffic back to your site. If you don't want that, you're foolish, in my opinion. :)
Your school and friends are probably social media oriented; not everyone is.

Usefulness of social media is dependent on niche; a site targeting members in their 40-50's are less likely to have adoption rates in comparison to people in their teens-late 20's.

Top Bottom