Implemented [Suggestion] twitter integration

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
What is it with you people and Twitter/Facebook integration. They are the greatest Internet evils ever created. I can't stand either one. :(

*I better be able to turn all this social media crap off in the AdminCP, to.

I by and large agree with you personally, however members of forums do love those things, and it is a very very very good way to keep them posting on your forum and not being fully integrated by the FaceBorg

I by and large agree with you personally, however members of forums do love those things, and it is a very very very good way to keep them posting on your forum and not being fully integrated by the FaceBorg

Facebook is horrible, and I'm pretty against it (My members realize my stance due to long winded multiple rants :)).

Twitter however is a decent medium for websites; I don't use it much for personal updates, as I don't care to let people know in my life, however as a means of sharing news, or things that might be useful information to people its far surpasses many other alternatives.

I also notice people use Twitter far more then they used RSS on my site, making it a better option for me. 

I would like this more than the integration.
....Annnd....this.......

But I want this feed to be in a different box. Perhaps, a right column?
Twitter button is capable of being added with a template edit.

There is no right column for the profile; if one were added, the profile would begin to look cluttered. 

Facebook is horrible, and I'm pretty against it (My members realize my stance due to long winded multiple rants :)).

Twitter however is a decent medium for websites; I don't use it much for personal updates, as I don't care to let people know in my life, however as a means of sharing news, or things that might be useful information to people its far surpasses many other alternatives.

I also notice people use Twitter far more then they used RSS on my site, making it a better option for me.

I agree completely, I killed my FB account months ago, however I find myself using Twitter for business updates all the time, it is pretty decent for that.

I agree completely, I killed my FB account months ago, however I find myself using Twitter for business updates all the time, it is pretty decent for that.
Actually, you can't kill your facebook account currently; they haven't finished the actual delete setting.

Your account is just inactive, and your data is still owned/control by them. If you login, you'll re-activate your account.

Whether or not you dislike Facebook personally, the fact remains that it has some powerful social media features that can and will drive traffic to your site if you have the right target market. You can not have a Facebook account and still leave the Facebook features enabled on your forum. :)

Whether or not you dislike Facebook personally, the fact remains that it has some powerful social media features that can and will drive traffic to your site if you have the right target market. You can not have a Facebook account and still leave the Facebook features enabled on your forum. :)
I do this already; however I am still against Facebook due to their lack of real privacy, and how they handle user information.

Actually, you can't kill your facebook account currently; they haven't finished the actual delete setting.

Your account is just inactive, and your data is still owned/control by them. If you login, you'll re-activate your account.

Yeah, you are correct I know, but I have no intention of logging back in so hopefully eventually it will die a natural death :p

Your school and friends are probably social media oriented; not everyone is.

Usefulness of social media is dependent on niche; a site targeting members in their 40-50's are less likely to have adoption rates in comparison to people in their teens-late 20's.
I think my mom uses Facebook more than I do :P

I currently have installed a mod for Vbulletin called "Tweet Poster" that tweets every single thread on a forum from the very beginning. It also can be changed to loop from the beginning when it hits the end.

In order for us to acquire more traffic we must take advantage of all 3rd party sharing methods to increase our audience reach.

I would absolutely love for this to be implemented into Xenforo, do you like?

This seems like a black-hat SEO tactic to me. Tweeting every single post that appears on your forum? Are you serious? I'm pretty sure Twitter would just see that as spam more than anything.

There is no right column for the profile; if one were added, the profile would begin to look cluttered.
No it wouldn't, it would make the profile look a bit more busy. Here, let me show you; it is attached below.

EDIT: I am LOVING the upload file on QUICK reply. Beautiful job whoever did that.

Attachments

• 3column.webp
    3column.webp
    66 KB · Views: 16
Twitter and Facebooks connections would be the first things i would turn off or edit out of the templates.

Dude I would have agreed with you a number of months ago, but tweet a news item on your forum and watch the visitors go through the roof (mainly bots I would imagine). Have had an upsurge in activity and membership since dialling into the twitter thing. We now tweet every news item, and any post of interest, probably not what twitter is about but like who cars.

Top Bottom