[Suggestion] Search for posts that have an attachment

Enigma

I needed to find a particular post. After failing to find it with search, I recalled that it had an attachment. It would be nice if there was a checkbox on the advanced search page for "has attachment(s)" to only return posts with attachments.

Thinking about implementation, I think it could be kept pretty simple. If you check the box, the posts have to have at least one attachment. If you don't check the box, it doesn't matter if the post has any attachments or not. Of course, you could go further and allow searching for posts the do not have any attachments, or even search for number of attachments, file type, file name, etc, but I think all of that would be unnecessary. Just one simple checkbox-- "Search posts with attachment(s) only".

Upvote 22
I could even add - smart search should offer a sort of the attachment: zip,rar,7zip,gif,jpg,pdf,doc,txt,tif,cdr,eps,ai,wma,mov,avi

I could even add - smart search should offer a sort of the attachment: zip,rar,7zip,gif,jpg,pdf,doc,txt,tif,cdr,eps,ai,wma,mov,avi

rtf docx - checkboxes? as a document c an be txt rtf doc docx and image can be multiple types and memory just says 'image'

There are two aspects here: being able to tell from search results if a post has an attachment, so you know whether you want to bother opening it, or better, what was requested, to be able to limit the search to posts that have attachments. Simple yes-no works for me, but I can see that you might want to search just for videos or some other particular type of attachment.

Top Bottom