1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Not So Much Button

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by The Sandman, Sep 11, 2010.

1. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

The Dislike button was not implemented, and rightfully so - too negative.

Still, there is a dyssymmetry to the system. How about a "Not So Much" button? This would be used when you don't like a post too much. It would differ from a "dislike" in several ways:
    - it wouldn't "count" against the person receiving it - there would be no scoring or accounting of these anywhere but in the particular post.
    - Not So Much votes wouldn't even appear unless at least one member liked the post.
    - So, a post might have at the bottom "Kier and Mike like this, The Sandman not so much."

I think this would make the system more balanced while avoiding most of the negativity associated with a dislike. It is mildly annoying to see a post with a lot of likes if you don't like it so much. Posting later in the thread doesn't quite make up for it. :D
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  2. HiPotion

HiPotion Member

it's the same but isong other words, it's like openning poll in every thread and asking "like me or not?", i say they should discuss more if they dislike or not so much it :D
    if they like it or dislike it they shall discuss it, but the Like button helps decreasing the one worded posts like "thank you", "good job", "niiiiice".

at least thats how i see it :)
  3. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

You have a valid point ...

I haven't seen it in action to see how well it would work. :)
  4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I disagree as it still has the intent of the Dislike button. :)
    erich37 likes this.
  5. Floris

Floris Guest

I feel the same way right now. :)
  6. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

it would be better to give users an option to "ignore" a certain user.
    So just ignoring the certain user for myself, not for other members.

A "Dislike" (or whatever you name it) button will evolve in a hate-attitude instead of happyness.
  7. darkon

darkon Member

Just a simple question... will this suggestion pop up with another name for the "dislike", "not so much" or whatever you call it until it will become a core feature? (the dislike-button, not the question)
  8. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

That's just really another name for "Dislike". So meh, no thanks.
  9. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

We've had nothing but problems with negative reputation in the past. I'll never try that one again.
    Green Cat likes this.