Implemented Suggestion: Move the bottom pagenav below the quick reply

Kevin

OK, minor thing, but I keep finding myself doing this...

As I scroll down a thread when I get to the quick reply box I keep thinking that is the end of the posts in the thread without realizing there are more pages to be viewed. If I then scroll past the quick reply box then I can see the bottom pagenav showing me there are more pages to be read.

How about moving the bottom pagenav to be above the quick reply area? :D

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The intention is/was to have quick reply look as similar to a normal post as possible, but I guess the WYSIWYG border around it destroys that illusion, so there's a good possibility I'll do this.

In the meantime, look for the 'x more posts' text under the last post to see if you are on the last page or not.

The affect is cool, of making the quick reply area look like an inline response, but for me at least I could see some missed responses before posting.

Until you pointed it out I did not even see the 'x more posts' text! With the font & grey color, and being in the upper right above the quick reply, I was not aware of it being there.

How about moving the 'x more posts' text at least to the left instead of the right as a comprise? That way as the eyes scan the page top to down the notice will be seen before getting to the quick reply.

Kier, just a "Thank You" follow-up to this one. I realized at some point you slipped it in that the bottom page nav is now above the quick reply. :cool:

I no longer find myself doing a quick reply before reading the whole thread. :D

Doing so does preclude a very cool effect I was working on for post submission though :(

:( No way of retaining the general idea, of letting us know that there are additional replies before doing a quick reply, with the affect? How about the compromise suggestion of at leaving the page nav below the quick reply but moving the "X more response" from the upper right of the quick reply to the upper left (so that as our eyes go top to down we still get a visual indicator before replying)?

Unfortunately, anything that separates the quick reply unit from the message list in any way prevents the feature from working.

True.

And I can understand your reluctance to implement it after the "thread you've posted in" saga...

True.

And I can understand your reluctance to implement it after the "thread you've posted in" saga...
... still annoyed that we managed to lose that thread to the inline mod bug. Makes it look like I zapped it on purpose, which for the record, I didn't.

I'm keeping quiet! (... if people thought some eye candy was not included because of my feedback, there would be people at my front door with pitch forks & fire. Hopefully my dog would fend for me.)

Kier, even moving the "X new replies" from the right to the left would prevent it?

... still annoyed that we managed to lose that thread to the inline mod bug. Makes it look like I zapped it on purpose, which for the record, I didn't.

I missed all of that but got the gist of it from reading some posts.

At least it identified a bug so there's always a plus side :D

It is hard to comment further without some idea what your idea is.

(Part of me finds it extremely odd Kier is willing to talk to a small furry creature, fish, and a pineapple playing a guitar, but I do appreciate it)

Top Bottom