1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for a good vps managed

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Markos, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I need an advice for a good vps managed, i've used in the past Servint and Liquidweb, now i want to try something other.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I recommend Nimbus Hosting.

http://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/

They're not necessarily the cheapest but they are excellent and they are used by a lot of people here.

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I second Nimbus Hosting. Excellent hosting and support. Plus they sent me a chocolate bar for Easter. :D

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What? A chocolate bar? They didn't send me a chocolate bar.

I'll be having words with Tim :LOL:

Might be something to do with the fact I don't pay and someone else does, but that's besides the point!

MattW likes this.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

IMAG0168.jpg

Very nice it was too. :D

I'd you pay for my hosting you can have the one they send me next year. ;)

6. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

Nimbushosting is really pretty neat.
    You should try it out.
    Very good support.

7. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Knownhost

StonePilot likes this.
  8. BoostN

BoostN Active Member

ServInt and been good to me..

9. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

Where are the Nimbus servers located?

10. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

UK

11. Renegade

Thanks. And are there any relatively decently sized forums hosted with them. The ones that they list on their site (I checked a couple) hardly had any visitors online when I visited them.

12. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Erm, yeah..... http://www.avforums.com/forums/

Renegade likes this.
  13. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Just checking the site now and the Members Online Now currently reads Total: 2,807 (members: 648, guests: 1,799, robots: 360)

I think you can say that's a few visitors. ;)

Just checking some of the others that Nimbus Hosting List and how many online right now:

Alzheimer's Society: There are currently 569 users online. 113 members and 456 guests
    Talk Photography: Total: 513 (members: 217, guests: 176, robots: 120)

Some of the other sites don't display current online visitors.

Robby and Renegade like this.
  14. Renegade

I found out AVS was hosted there after I made the post. I will be moving over to them before this weekend. They are a bit costly for sure compared to other hosts but if they can deliver on service and server optimization then it would be well worth it.

15. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

Yes but they are worth it.
    You won't regret it.

16. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Seconded.

17. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Mhh i see that Nimbus doesn't have a free backup service like Servint VPS...And i see that Servint has more option that Nimbus...But i prefer Nimbus because it is on UK...

And i have a question: what is the difference between a "Xenforo Hosting" with the standard host? They really know Xenforo?

Example: i'm not a sysadmin, and i have now a growing community on ProBoards that i want to port to Xenforo. They can install/configure for me an optimized setup? (i mean centmin, xcache, and other services etc.)