A suggestion for XenForo.com

Alternadiv

I have been thinking about this for a while, and since the recent announcement (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/an-update-from-xenforo.173449/) mentioned some updates to the XF website, I figured now is a good time to post this.

I LOVE looking at other XenForo forums for inspiration. That said, I think it would be super handy if the XF website had an official directory of all XF powered forums.

A simple checkbox in the customer area to “list my forum in the directory” would suffice. That way, anyone that doesn’t want their forum in this list can easily opt out.

I understand you guys are very busy and this is probably low priority. But I think it would be really cool to see the way thousands of people are customizing the software.

There are two places where it is already possible to see customer forums.

There are two places where it is already possible to see customer forums.

The first list doesn't get updated anymore and only shows huge forums. The second link only has forums that people who use THIS forum are bothering to share, which is a small sample.

I don't think either of these are a solution to my suggestion. Thank you though.

If implemented, I would think that that is something that each site owner would have to opt into. Quite a few wouldn’t want their sites shared, a bunch couldn’t be listed due to content and some wouldn’t want their link in a gallery as they would see it bad for SEO.

If implemented, I would think that that is something that each site owner would have to opt into. Quite a few wouldn’t want their sites shared, a bunch couldn’t be listed due to content and some wouldn’t want their link in a gallery as they would see it bad for SEO.
I mentioned that. :)

Top Bottom