1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good vps managed hosts?

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by gavpeds, Jan 5, 2016.

1. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Hi all so for several years now i have been using servint. But i am starting to wonder if i should be looking else where. It seems uk hosts have improved a lot and being that the majority of my traffic is uk based i am wanting to start looking at other possible options.
    What i currently have is this with whm/cpanel. This is servints new cloud vps. Any suggestions would be great. I could probably do with a bit more in the way of cpu cores and IOPS

• Intel Xeon CPU
    • Guaranteed 0.750 CPU Cores
    • Burst Up to 2.250 CPU Cores
    • Guaranteed 400 Sustained IOPS
    • Burst Up to 1000 IOPS
    • Centos 7.x 64 bit
    • 2 IP addresses
    • unlimited domains and user accounts
    • 100 Mbps dedicated network uplink
    • FREE R1Soft Backups
    • 24/7 customer support
    • no set-up fee
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Give the guys at Nimbus Hosting a message. They will sort you out :) best hosts i've ever used.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Another vote here for Nimbus Hosting. Very helpful and the best hosting I've ever used.
  4. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

@WSWD Offers some really good VPS services and pretty active here in the community.
    WSWD likes this.
  6. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

@MattW hosting is based on UK/France I think.
  7. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

8. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Chatting to Tim now. He seems very helpful and from what i can gather so far is keen to look at my forum my current package and setup to ensure i am on the right package. In the past hosts just tell me i will need a more expensive package. Refreshing to see this kind of personalised service.
  9. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Tim is great, he'll sort you out :)
    gavpeds likes this.
  10. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Wo ho ordered and setup they are now working on migration. They are pretty fast at getting on things I must say! Usually this is where i start worrying in anticipation if i have made the right decision or if the service will be all its cracked up to be but oddly i have no worries. Lets hope its for good reason
  11. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Appreciate the recommend. We don't offer managed VPSs unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it! ha ha!). :)
    The Forum Heroes likes this.
  12. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Had a great experience with KnownHost before.