XF 1.0 Style Properties - Controlling Style Options

When it comes to quickly and easily toggling the display or behaviour of user interface elements, it often makes sense to be able to pass simple parameters to the templates.

XenForo provides a powerful and extensible system to allow variables to be defined and modified on a per-style basis, making this a breeze and opening the door for style customization by third-party add-ons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

Awesome. :D The thing I like most is the color picker. It's so much easier to get the full range of colors and pick it right there rather than picking a select few, and then going to a color picker elsewhere to try and find the hex for the color you want.

It seems okay to me:

If you enable animations, you can adjust the speed using the multiplier. 1: Normal speed, 0.5: double speed, 2: half speed etc.

Double speed would be twice as fast, the setting works by multiplying the animation duration, so 0.5 * duration = half duration = double speed.

Yeah exactly - at first while watching the video after you typed 0.5 and the animation was faster, I wondered what was going on. Without reading it in detail (as many will not), I read 'speed' and 'multiplier' and naturally assumed 0.5x would multiply the speed by half (i.e. slower).

I wouldn't have had any issue if it was labelled animation duration or animation time rather than animation speed ;)

Enable animations multiplier __

If you enable animations, you can adjust the speed using the multiplier. 1: Normal speed, 0.5: double speed, 2: half speed etc.

I am not clear on why that is preferred over:
Enable animations - speed __

1: Normal speed, 2: double speed

what happens when animations get disabled ? I quite don´t get it from the video.

Are animations just the "changing of the post-speed" ?

Or are you de-activating pop-ups when disabling animations ?

what happens when animations get disabled ? I quite don´t get it from the video.

Instead of popups you get full pages, and instead of the fade in/out the quick reply does, it instantly appears.

well upon disabling the animations you also disable overlays like the overlay for the ( upload a file ) button and i think that's what you were asking about. The issue was how to implement things like that , without animations that they currently depend on or something like that.

yeah, just recognized the overlay-disabling thing when watching the video the 3rd time now ;)

XF is extremely flexible and adjustable to different tastes and needs....... I could imagine that there will be no more whining here for changing this and that :cool:

well upon disabling the animations you also disable overlays like the overlay for the ( upload a file ) button and i think that's what you were asking about. The issue was how to implement things like that , without animations that they currently depend on or something like that.
Disabling animations (animation multiplier of 0) is separate from disabling overlays.

ahh yes i kinda mashed it all up there...

i was confused as I was basically relating this to Enhancement Disabled style and realize now that you say that, this only affects people who disable overlay or in this case use the Enhancement Disabled style which has it disabled. I watched the video again and realize the error of my judgement. Thanks for clarifying.

Out of all the things I've seen so far this has impressed me the most. It's clear that as much effort is being put into the forum control areas as everywhere else. That really is a fantastic interface and it'll be great not to have to go on a magical mystery tour or resort to using Firebug every time I want to make a minor style change.

Superb!

Top Bottom