Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Integration is working fine however I noticed the same problem that some people were reporting... on admin.php?steam/users I see stuff like this:

user1 STEAM_0:1:31634779
user 2 STEAM_0:0:20350287

These users didn't registered through Steam... they were existing members who associated their accounts with Steam.

XF 1.3.3, PHP 5.4.31

I don't understand what you're trying to report. :confused:

If somebody associates their existing account with steam, they will show up in that steam list because they linked their accounts to it. That list isn't exclusive to people who only registered using steam, it's everyone who has their account associated to steam.

My bad just forget about it please.

Now I'm having a problem. Is there any sort of protection implemented by your add-on against modifications of the steam_footer template? Whenever I try to edit the template the system marks it as modified (with the red dot before the template name on the respective tab) even when I haven't still put the focus on the text box to make the edits I want.

Btw I'm just trying to get rid of the link on my forum_list... I tried and any change to that template makes the add-on to stop working: no Steam in postbits nor profiles but as soon as I revert the changes the Steam information is available again on both postbits and profiles.

Attachments

• sea.webp
    sea.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 17
Would you be able to add the option to add the user to a specific group after successful account association? I've been attempting to do it with the XenForo promotion system, but it seems to barely work and often reverts the change. I'm also working with a 30k userbase, and would rather this plugin handle it than a cron task.
Bumping this as we'd really like to see this! How much money do we have to through your way for encouragement? :P

Now I'm having a problem. Is there any sort of protection implemented by your add-on against modifications of the steam_footer template? Whenever I try to edit the template the system marks it as modified (with the red dot before the template name on the respective tab) even when I haven't still put the focus on the text box to make the edits I want.

Btw I'm just trying to get rid of the link on my forum_list... I tried and any change to that template makes the add-on to stop working: no Steam in postbits nor profiles but as soon as I revert the changes the Steam information is available again on both postbits and profiles.

Could you please answer to this one? Thanks!

Bumping this as we'd really like to see this! How much money do we have to through your way for encouragement? :p

I'll continue to keep this in mind. And no money please. :p

Could you please answer to this one? Thanks!

There is no such anti-template tampering feature in this addon. If you remove the Powered By Steam link back, you do so at your own risk. It's part of their API terms and conditions that you have it on your site. Editing a template incorrectly can also cause the addon to break.

Request
Is it possible that steam-userstatus-banner will be implented as optionally displayed on membercard? (and Profile Page)

I found my post where I requested it on 31.12.2012 already. Same answer, you can't do it^^ Yes I mean member card = user card overlay, not profile page.

Having issues.

My webhosting meets all prerequisites. But I cannot create a new account with my Steam credentials. I can login with a Steam account that I have already associated with an account, but I can not create a new account from logging in with Steam. The error I get states "Lost Steam ID"

Any ideas?

I can't get this to work correctly on 1.3 @HowIChrgeLazer
I install, just fine, but on my template none of the steam banners display, neither on message, postbit or user profile. On the Modifications the ones made by this addon are not conflicting with anything else.

This worked before, what happened?

Having issues.

My webhosting meets all prerequisites. But I cannot create a new account with my Steam credentials. I can login with a Steam account that I have already associated with an account, but I can not create a new account from logging in with Steam. The error I get states "Lost Steam ID"

Any ideas?

Anything in your error log?

I can't get this to work correctly on 1.3 @HowIChrgeLazer
I install, just fine, but on my template none of the steam banners display, neither on message, postbit or user profile. On the Modifications the ones made by this addon are not conflicting with anything else.

This worked before, what happened?

Check your permissions for user groups. A lot of other people are using 1.3 and it's working just fine. Does it show up on the default template?

Check your permissions for user groups. A lot of other people are using 1.3 and it's working just fine. Does it show up on the default template?
It does! That's what confuses me, using the same style where it did work before (i disabled those boxes display for some months). Now even if i create a new template with "<xen:include template="steam_profile_message" />", nothing will appear.

Can't say with certainty why it's doing that, definitely an issue with the custom template though if it's working on default. There's probably more going on than meets the eye. :confused:

You have something wrong with your host.

403 FORBIDDEN!

Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.

The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:
RFI (http) (QU-107). RFI (https) (QU-109). RFI (http)

Looks like ZB Block is causing problems.

Ok got rid of zb block, which is a real shame then got this error the first time.

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

Second time I got this error.

Lost Steam ID

Weird.

Un-installed and re-installed. I only get the problem when creating a new login via Steam. If I have an account associated already, then I can login with Steam with no problems. The issue only seems to occur if you try to create a new account using Steam.

Lost Steam ID

Un-installed and re-installed. I only get the problem when creating a new login via Steam. If I have an account associated already, then I can login with Steam with no problems. The issue only seems to occur if you try to create a new account using Steam.

Lost Steam ID

Have you tried testing the addon by itself, with others disabled? I doubt it's the Steam addon causing it, otherwise you'd see errors from it in your log. My bet is that it's another addon, your webserver, or you're using some sort of proxy.

Top Bottom