Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Upgraded to the latest version of XenForo, then upgraded the addon and the steam thing is not showing up at all. :/

Upgraded to the latest version of XenForo, then upgraded the addon and the steam thing is not showing up at all. :/

Does it show on the default template? It's possible your template isn't updated for XenForo 1.3. The template modifications are inserted against template code that exists in 1.3 but not 1.2.5.

sorry im new to running forums and add ons so i didnt even notice you had the change logs

It's also on the very front page of the addon (Resource Overview) and I also have it marked as 1.3 being the only compatible version (although I note older versions are compatible with older XenForo versions, just not supported). Welcome to the forum scene, just make sure your forum version is compatible with the addon you are installing before trying to install it.

It'll save you a lot of headache in the future if you take a little time to check that what you're downloading will work for your install.

Hi there, tried with default and still doesn't show.

Check template modification to ensure everything is checked

1vEWnq4.jpg

Check your permissions, check your options in the Steam Auth addon options. It should be at least showing in the default template, assuming it's not outdated for some reason (if you edited code manually or what have you)

Having problems with upgrading as well, i just upgraded my forums from 1.2.5 to 1.3.0.

I did my upgrade as follows, first updated xenforo, then the custom theme, at this point the steam stuff seemed to have been working fine. (was showing up in post and the such)

Then i upgraded the steam addon to the newest version you have here, now steam isn't showing up in the user info/post anymore (works fine in the default theme though)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Edit: It was actually related to the footer template in the theme having <ul id="legal" class="footerLinks"> instead of <ul class="footerLinks">

Last edited:
Check template modification to ensure everything is checked

1vEWnq4.jpg

Check your permissions, check your options in the Steam Auth addon options. It should be at least showing in the default template, assuming it's not outdated for some reason (if you edited code manually or what have you)

Thank you, it appears it was due to permissions, not sure why the permissions for steam reset after upgrading, all is good now. Thank you!

Is it possible to link an account somewhere in the settings rather than having to login/register with it?

It's using the same methods as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc. in Xenforo. It is also under a user's settings in External Accounts. But no, you have to log in through Steam Community to attach your steam account to your forum account. It proves you are the owner of that SteamID.

This was my fail I hadn't updated to 1.3 quite yet, installed the older version and it all started to make sense. ;)

Just curious if anyone has developed a method to easily make it Steam login only?

I know I can do template edits, but it becomes a pain every update. I already have enough trouble trying to keep track of all my current edits. :p

I've installed everything, everything is working besides being able to add your account. When you go to your profile page, or edit your profile, there is no validation link. How do you actually add your account? The steam tab shows up, steam on the ACP shows up, you just cannot join your account. I have the API key activated.

I've installed everything, everything is working besides being able to add your account. When you go to your profile page, or edit your profile, there is no validation link. How do you actually add your account? The steam tab shows up, steam on the ACP shows up, you just cannot join your account. I have the API key activated.

It's under External Accounts. Make sure you're using XenForo 1.3.x and the latest version of Steam Auth. There should also be a Sign In With Steam button when you're a guest (assuming your custom theme doesn't have major differences from the default templates in some way).

It's under External Accounts. Make sure you're using XenForo 1.3.x and the latest version of Steam Auth. There should also be a Sign In With Steam button when you're a guest (assuming your custom theme doesn't have major differences from the default templates in some way).
ohh, you have to sign in with steam. I thought this was a thing where you can attach your steam account to you XF account.

Top Bottom