Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Nope.

Regards

Then something is not configured correctly with the addon.

Double check the Appearance > Template Modification section in the Admin Control Panel and ensure that you have the optional templates checked (the ones that you wish to use).

Also double check your Steam Auth permissions for user groups in the Admin Control Panel.

Hm , just for get sure: I installed the plugin , uploaded everything correctly and added the steam api key /configured the plugin.
Permissions are set , too .
Strangeee

Hm , just for get sure: I installed the plugin , uploaded everything correctly and added the steam api key /configured the plugin.
Permissions are set , too .
Strangeee

But did you check the Template Modification section?

You need to go to Appearance > Template Modification section in the Admin Control Panel and check the templates you want to use.

hYuq6nF.jpg

HowIChrgeLazer updated Steam Authentication & Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.2 Changelog

READ THIS FIRST

Due to the changes to External Accounts in XenForo 1.3, Updates from this version on will only support XenForo 1.3.0+. If you attempt to install Steam Auth 1.4.x on an older version of XenForo, it will break Steam Auth. You have been warned.
--------------------------------------------------

* Reintroduced template options back into addon configuration page
* Added option to disable grabbing avatar from steam upon user registration

If you were running Steam...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Did you follow the instructions in the update post?

If you were running Steam Authentication 1.4.0 or 1.4.1 be sure to go to the template modifications section and make sure all template modifications are checked on. The options to display SteamProfile are back in the addon settings like before and can be controlled there, but all templates need to be checked on for those options to work.

1vEWnq4.jpg

Hi, the signup button is not showing up, what gives? :cautious:

Is this in reference to 1.4.2 on XenForo 1.3.0?

If so,

Did you configure a steam API key in the add on options?

Does it show up on the default template?

If both of the above are true, then you might be running a custom template that has not been updated for XenForo 1.3

Is this in reference to 1.4.2 on XenForo 1.3.0?

If so,

Did you configure a steam API key in the add on options?

Does it show up on the default template?

If both of the above are true, then you might be running a custom template that has not been updated for XenForo 1.3

Steam API is added, not showing up in default. :)

I can't really understand what problems you both are having. I'm unable to reproduce it on my XenForo 1.3.0 Beta 4 test bed. The options work for SteamProfiles and I can see the Steam API banner on the default theme.

Are you guys running XenForo 1.3.0 Beta 4? Have you made any template changes that caused things to not update?

I am running the latest stable release.

Maybe you should test that on a new install? :)

You need to read the changelog post and the front page of the resource overview. I make it very clear that 1.4.0 and on WILL NOT work for versions before XenForo 1.3.0. In fact, IT WILL BREAK IT.

READ THIS FIRST

Due to the changes to External Accounts in XenForo 1.3, Updates from this version on will only support XenForo 1.3.0+. If you attempt to install Steam Auth 1.4.x on an older version of XenForo, it will break Steam Auth. You have been warned.

I've been posting that with every update, it's in the readme file and it's on the front page of this addon.

Steam Authentication Version >= 1.4 is compatible with Xenforo 1.3!

Steam Authentication Version <= 1.3.x is compatible with both Xenforo 1.1.x and 1.2! (However, these versions will soon be unsupported)

The banners are still not working for me.
No errors , everything is working fine , I'm using newerst version of xenforo and plugin...
Its connected with Steam but no banners are showing.
Please help.

Regards

Hmm, okay. No steam integration for me then. :p
You can use SteamAuth 1.3.6, it works just fine on XenForo 1.2.5, you'll need to remove Steam Auth and reinstall it. You can get it from the versions tab on this resource.

The banners are still not working for me.
No errors , everything is working fine , I'm using newerst version of xenforo and plugin...
Its connected with Steam but no banners are showing.
Please help.

Regards

Could you send me two screenshots. One of your templates modification page for steam auth and the steam auth options? (make sure your API key is blanked out or not showing in the options screenshot)

Top Bottom