Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
This page:

1vEWnq4.jpg

See the Appearance tab, click that, then see Template Modifications on the left hand side menu? Click it. It'll get you to the page I have pictured. Under the Steam Auth section you need to check every box. Your page will look like the above (maybe slightly different if you use other addons that have template modifications).

You need to check the check box on the three that aren't checked that screenshot, that's why they aren't showing. Make those all checked then use the addon options page to refine where you what the templates to display.

Wow thanks man , I think its finally working.
Very nice tool and thanks for the great support.

Regards

Bug since 1 year, i don't know if its already fixed: Xenforo Trophy for steam connection isn't working in my forum. I've received the trophy after 1 year with update steam addon 1.3.6 and xf 1.2.4 in december. but other old and new users are still not receiving it.

Is the steam trophy working on other forums?

I found manual fix: Rebuild trophies cache here in ACP /admin.php?tools/rebuild

After that all my users got the trophy.

Is it just me or the default Steam login button a different size compared to the default XF ones? Is there any chance this can be changed to match the other login buttons properly?

Also, it would be awesome if you provided an optional (disabled by default) template mod to enable this for the CTA Login addon. As it would be nice to also see the steam button there.

Other than that, this is an amazing addon. You've really done a great job at creating this. Only thing that really surprises me about the addon is that it's FREE and you seem to offer some amazing support (judging by all the posts I've been skimming over.)

Is it just me or the default Steam login button a different size compared to the default XF ones? Is there any chance this can be changed to match the other login buttons properly?

http://steamcommunity.com/dev

Valve Brand and Links
Each page that uses the Steam Web API must contain a link to http://steampowered.com with the text "Powered by Steam". We suggest that you put this link in your footer so it is out of the way but still visible to interested users.

If you are using OpenID on your site, we request that you use one of the following buttons as your link to the Steam sign in page. These images represent the Steam brand to users, underscoring that Steam account credentials may be used to sign in to your site.

To keep it in spec for SteamAPI usgae, going to leave that button is as. But I'm sure you can replace it with this one from @DRE. http://xenforo.com/community/resour...oogle-and-steam-in-sidebar-visitor-panel.651/

I suppose I could @DRE permission to use the button and make it an option to change to. But it would be against the suggestion of valve if a user chose that one, so use at your own risk etc. etc.

Also, it would be awesome if you provided an optional (disabled by default) template mod to enable this for the CTA Login addon. As it would be nice to also see the steam button there.

That could be arranged. Shouldn't even need to disable by default. I believe it just doesn't work if the template doesn't exist.

Other than that, this is an amazing addon. You've really done a great job at creating this. Only thing that really surprises me about the addon is that it's FREE and you seem to offer some amazing support (judging by all the posts I've been skimming over.)

Thank you for the compliment. Yep, never took a single cent in donations, compensation for support, or otherwise. I believe the use of SteamAPI is critical for any gaming community forum and I wanted to keep this addon alive to make it one step easier for them to make that jump to XenForo.

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let people know I'll be gone for about two weeks starting today. I do have some changes in the pipeline as discussed earlier in the thread, but I'm holding off implementing those changes until I return. I'd hate to accidentally introduce bugs and not be able to fix them right away. If anybody runs into issues with the addon, be sure to read the FAQ, Resource Overview, and Resource Changelogs for more info.

Can't believe this addon is over two years old now (started by Morgan on 2/15/2012, picked up by me at the end of that year). Time flies.

no login button appears on my drop down any help please http://prntscr.com/2zkwi4
cant see an integration via profile either but steam appears in my ACP and seems to be installed perfectly

If anybody runs into issues with the addon, be sure to read the FAQ, Resource Overview, and Resource Changelogs for more info.

Are you running Xenforo 1.3? Is your Steam API key entered in? Are all the templates in template modifications under steam auth checked?

1vEWnq4.jpg

This is all I can help with from my phone right now.

Everything is checked in templates, im running 1.2.5 and Key is entered

Please, please, please, PLEASE.... Read the changelogs or README

READ THIS FIRST

Due to the changes to External Accounts in XenForo 1.3, Updates from this version on will only support XenForo 1.3.0+. If you attempt to install Steam Auth 1.4.x on an older version of XenForo, it will break Steam Auth. You have been warned.

You need to install 1.3.6 if you're using Xenforo 1.2.5

Top Bottom