Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Quite helpful!

If anyone else is encountering the same issue in the future, change the permissions the involved folders/files to 755

This addon is amazing and works great, but is there anyway to disable the normal xenforo login and only use steam for logging on?

This addon is amazing and works great, but is there anyway to disable the normal xenforo login and only use steam for logging on?

As of this moment, no. I can look into options, but unless I can do it without require template hacks, etc. I probably won't implement it. I want to make sure that this addon remains easy to install and easy to use.

I do apologize to people if it looks like I've been inactive on here, the holidays were a busy time for me, but I do hope to start work again soon. I want to find a way to solve that Firefox bug first and foremost.

Can't get anything to show up in my posts. I have enabled cURL and bcmath in php.ini and added steam API key, which were the requirements. I use the default xenforo theme.

With 1.3.0 Beta 1 - Install ->

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Unknown column 'facebook_auth_id' in 'xf_user_profile'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 150
  4. Steam_Manufacture::addColumnIfNotExists() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 66
  5. Steam_Manufacture->_installVersion1() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 59
  6. Steam_Manufacture::build()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 36
  10. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www/vbvbbvcb/admin.php at line 13

Might have missed it somewhere, but could anyone guide me to getting this to show a SteamID on the message elements? (below the banner under the avatar)

--edit

Got it, little trial and error and we dun it

Last edited:
With 1.3.0 Beta 1 - Install ->

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Unknown column 'facebook_auth_id' in 'xf_user_profile'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 150
  4. Steam_Manufacture::addColumnIfNotExists() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 66
  5. Steam_Manufacture->_installVersion1() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 59
  6. Steam_Manufacture::build()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 36
  10. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www/vbvbbvcb/admin.php at line 13

Sounds like they made a change to a table in 1.3.0 with the addition of Google+ and Twitter. I'm planning on starting work on a 1.3.0 test of this addon this weekend and my goal is to have a completed working version before or on the release of 1.3.0.

EDIT: So far that was a simple fix actually. Since it was so easy, I'm going to test the steam signups right now. Actually I lied. Going to need to shoehorn this into the new external accounts setup. It's going to take a little bit of time.

Last edited:
Hello. Links to Steam profiles are not shown in the "Hydrogen" theme. Does anybody know how can I edit this theme to show all links and statistics?

Last edited:
When you goto the Admin portal, Users, List All Users -> Click on user, SteamID/SteamID64 entry. To be able to manually add someone's SteamID details should it be necessary?

Negative.

When a user signs in through steam on the forums they can link their steam account to their current forum account. This will link their SteamID to their forum account (which updates it in the ACP). No manual editing necessary.

If they want to change steam accounts they can de-authorize and login with their other steam account and link it.

Top Bottom