Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Also check "Include in Backups"

Text for ease:
HTML:
A <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey" target="_blank">Steam Web API Key</a> is required for this plugin to function. Terms of the API are <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/dev/apiterms" target="_blank">here</a>.

Still not working. :/

Any reason why this doesn't seem to be counting members correctly? My board only seems to be counting members who did not sign in through steam.

Can you add:
Code:
ob_start("ob_gzhandler");
To 'jsonproxy.php' to compress the output?

I will look into this.

Still not working. :/

Are you getting any errors in your server log? I find it odd that the SteamAPI option is gone.

Any reason why this doesn't seem to be counting members correctly? My board only seems to be counting members who did not sign in through steam.

Counting members in what way? Like game stats? Could be two reasons. The primary reason is that the API cannot receive data from people who have their profile set to private, secondly, if you don't have cURL, the backup option is slightly more unreliable (however, it has checks to retry if it fails, which should practically prevent any issues, unless the cron script times out from running so long).

Counting members in what way?

Counting Members as in the Forum Statistics

It only counts the 10 members we have that are signed in through Steam and not the remaining members we have that have registered traditionally (not through Steam).

It turned out to be a cron job issue. I'm good.

Last edited:
No errors to speak of. :/

I'm going to be release an update as soon as I can wrap my head around this JavaScript issue with Firefox. This might help your install go a bit more cleanly, but please be sure you've uploaded all files in the correct directories before attempting. It should work even now, but you would have just gotten an error. Sounds like something might be going on with your upload or install of the addon.

@Eoj Nawoh and @arms there is something in common with you both that's causing some sort of issue. Could you both PM me a list of your active addons and current active styles? Thanks.

It's worth noting that the profile link does indeed work, it's just not displaying the user.

Just did another re-upload of files... No idea what was happening before, but things are suddenly working now! For some reason the game data isn't entirely correct though (2 people own Portal 2? Not likely), and viewing some games gives this:

Code:
Server Error

Division by zero

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Steam/ControllerAdmin/Steam.php at line 53
Steam_ControllerAdmin_Steam->actionGames() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/staffs/domains/staffsvgs.co.uk/public_html/admin.php at line 13

EDIT #2: Just uploaded the XML again, data seems to be pulling in again so fingers crossed.

The division by 0 seems to be if nobody owns a game, which I imagine could happen if a user is deleted. A quick check before doing a division for the average should fix it.

Is the "Who owns this game?" view not something we can have publicly? I know my members would love to be able to see who in the community owns a certain game.

Last edited:
It's worth noting that the profile link does indeed work, it's just not displaying the user.

Just did another re-upload of files... No idea what was happening before, but things are suddenly working now!

Sounds like some file didn't upload correctly. Glad to hear it's working!

Just did another re-upload of files... No idea what was happening before, but things are suddenly working now! For some reason the game data isn't entirely correct though (2 people own Portal 2? Not likely), and viewing some games gives this:

Code:
Server Error

Division by zero

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Steam/ControllerAdmin/Steam.php at line 53
Steam_ControllerAdmin_Steam->actionGames() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/staffs/domains/staffsvgs.co.uk/public_html/admin.php at line 13

EDIT #2: Just uploaded the XML again, data seems to be pulling in again so fingers crossed.

The division by 0 seems to be if nobody owns a game, which I imagine could happen if a user is deleted. A quick check before doing a division for the average should fix it.

Is the "Who owns this game?" view not something we can have publicly? I know my members would love to be able to see who in the community owns a certain game.

Aha, nice catch. Fixing this bug right now. Looks like it has to do with hours played / owners.

So here's a list of fixes so far in the 1.3.3 development branch:

* Install error fixed (Thanks, SchmitzIT)
* Turned off word wrap on SteamProile to keep long usernames from breaking the status
* 'Powered By Steam' now only shows on main forum list and any page with Steam API usage
* Added PHP output buffering to SteamProfile requests (As requested by @silence )
* Fixed Divide By Zero error in Library\Steam\ControllerAdmin\Steam.php

I bet @Code Monkey will be happy about this upcoming version too :p

Last edited:
Update coming soon™? Looks good. Will the css and js only load on pages where it's used as well? :D

As much as I'd like to say it does, it unfortunately does not. The method to be able to "flag" the SteamProfile content comes after the headers, so it seems that the JavaScript template can't pick up on it.

EDIT: And just as I type this, I think I have an idea. Going to see if it works.

EDIT 2: Got that working now as well.

Last edited:
HowIChrgeLazer updated Steam Authentication & Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.3 Changelog

* Install error fixed (Thanks, SchmitzIT)
* Turned off word wrap on SteamProile to keep long usernames from breaking the status
* 'Powered By Steam' now only shows on main forum list and any page with Steam API usage
* Added PHP output buffering to SteamProfile requests (As requested by silence)
* Fixed Divide By Zero error in Library\Steam\ControllerAdmin\Steam.php
* Reduced the amount of pages javascript and CSS was included on

== Known Issue(s) ==

Firefox will not correctly report last...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Did you check if the site is already using compression?

Code:
ErrorException: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' - /home/mysite/public_html/js/steam/jsonproxy.php:164
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'ob_start(): out...', '/home/joystickr...', 164, Array)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/js/steam/jsonproxy.php(164): ob_start('ob_gzhandler')
#2 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(77) "http://mysite.com/js/steam/jsonproxy.php?steamids=76561197991332123"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["steamids"] => string(17) "76561197991332123"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Did you check if the site is already using compression?

Code:
ErrorException: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' - /home/mysite/public_html/js/steam/jsonproxy.php:164
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'ob_start(): out...', '/home/joystickr...', 164, Array)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/js/steam/jsonproxy.php(164): ob_start('ob_gzhandler')
#2 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(77) "http://mysite.com/js/steam/jsonproxy.php?steamids=76561197991332123"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["steamids"] => string(17) "76561197991332123"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Yeah, should be checking it. This is the code in js\steam\jsonproxy.php:

PHP:
if (function_exists('gzcompress'))
{
    ob_start('ob_gzhandler');
}
else
{
    ob_start();
}

echo json_encode($content_decoded);
unset($content_decoded);
ob_end_flush();

I'll see what I can find here. Check back in case I make any edits to my post.

EDIT: Found this while looking around. Does this relate to you?

After searching on google i came to know Gzip and Zlib both can not work together. You to use any one from above .So what i did - lib.output_compression = Off So anyone know how to use both compression to webiste?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...trol-output-handler-ob-gzhandler-conflicts-wi

EDIT 2: I see what you mean. I'll look into this.

Last edited:
Also on my member page the data is now up over the normal user data instead of below it.

By over I mean floating right over the data and obstructing it.

Yeah you need to check if zlib is running.

Try uploading the attached hotfix. Let me know if that works for you.

Also on my member page the data is now up over the normal user data instead of below it.

By over I mean floating right over the data and obstructing it.

Do you have cache that you need to clear or old templates from steam that need to be reverted after the addon update? I'm not seeing this on my end (also check after you apply the hotfix).
http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/members/
http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/members/howichrgelazer.3/

EDIT: And just in case you look at my site and the SteamProfile is missing, it's probably intentional, trying to break apart the script to find the bug for Firefox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom