Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Thank you :D Should be able to use it now. Weird that a large company like Valve did not support SSL out of the box for their api though... Gonna send them a complaint for that one :P

Hello, is it possible to adjust the size of the card in the user info box on messages? I'd like to increase (maybe double) the height to fit more text in.

Thanks!

Hmm, My cron.php is only 57 lines big? Am I misunderstanding something?

Weird, are you sure you're looking at the right cron file?

Hello, is it possible to adjust the size of the card in the user info box on messages? I'd like to increase (maybe double) the height to fit more text in.

Thanks!

You should be able to edit the style.css in the default theme to your liking. js / steam / ajax / themes / default / style.css

I would recommend increasing width, not height. I'll have to see about setting up an extra.css somewhere down the line if it's possible (considering it's outside the xenforo api, it may be difficult).

----

In other news, I'm going to try to fix the cookies thing this weekend and get a version pushed out by Monday. No guarantees, but I'll try. I also received a bug report of the normal steamprofile loading in place of just avatars on the steam stats page. I'll have to look into what is causing that. Not sure if it's just for that particular site, or if it's more widespread.

Pretty sure I am ;) I even re downloaded your package from the resource manager and its the same. Even better, this is whats in the zip downloaded from the resource manager:

PHP:
<?php
/**
*      This file is part of Steam Authentication for XenForo
*      Written by Morgan Humes <morgan@lanaddict.com>
*      Copyright 2012 Morgan Humes
*      Steam Authentication for XenForo is free software: you can redistribute
*      it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
*      as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
*      License, or (at your option) any later version.
*      Steam Authentication for XenForo is distributed in the hope that it
*      will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
*      warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
*      See the GNU General Public License for more details.
*      You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
*      along with SteamProfile.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
*/

class Steam_Cron {

public static function update() {
        set_time_limit(0);
        ignore_user_abort(1);
        $options = XenForo_Application::get('options');
        $gamestats = $options->steamGameStats;
        if ($gamestats > 0)
        {
        $db = XenForo_Application::get('db');
        $sHelper = new Steam_Helper_Steam();
        $results = $db->fetchAll("SELECT user_id, steam_auth_id FROM xf_user_profile WHERE steam_auth_id > 0");
        foreach($results as $row) {
            $games = $sHelper->getUserGames($row['steam_auth_id']);
            foreach($games as $id => $data) {

// game info
                $db->query("INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_steam_games(game_id, game_name, game_logo, game_link) VALUES($id, '{$data['name']}', '{$data['logo']}', '{$data['link']}');");

// update
                $r = $db->fetchRow("SELECT * FROM xf_user_steam_games WHERE user_id = {$row['user_id']} AND game_id = $id;");
                if($r == NULL) {
                    // Insert
                    $db->insert("xf_user_steam_games", array('user_id'=>$row['user_id'], 'game_id'=>$id, 'game_hours'=>$data['hours'], 'game_hours_recent'=>$data['hours_recent']));
                } else {
                    // Update
                    $db->query("UPDATE xf_user_steam_games SET game_hours = {$data['hours']}, game_hours_recent = {$data['hours_recent']} WHERE user_id = {$row['user_id']} AND game_id = $id;");
                }
            }
        }
        }
    }
}

HowIChrgeLazer said:
Morgan laid the ground work, I just tidied up a little bit. :p
I'm answer: The true man decorates modesty. So, you're true man. (y)
Just keep going. ;)

Mode is really useful especially for gaming forums. One of them i have. And I'll be pleased if you and Morgan expand your mode.

As a side note to the 1.2.2 update, I have updated the content on the main resource page. It should flow a lot better and give up to date information on current known issues and possible fixes.

Hi,

i'm willing to install this add-on on my forum but i have some question.

What happens to existent users that have steam-ID account ? They could login using xenforo account OR steam account data ? What happen in xenforo ?
New users that already have a steam account must anyway create an xenforo account before using this mod, right ?
I'm not registered to Steam but one of my staff member is registered and already bought something so i guess he got an API KEY. Can i ask him the API KEY and use it in the forum ? Or API Key contain very confidential data related to the user account ?

Thanks in advance,

I installed this but having a minor issue, mostly due to the image of the sign in button. I installed with TMS and have the social auth beta 2 in.
Issue:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2b18jc.jpg

How can i align the images correctly?

Also does anyone know where or how i can obtain the better sign in with steam image found in this post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-10#post-494055

Although it's not supported, you can give this resource a try: http://xenforo.com/community/resour...oogle-and-steam-in-sidebar-visitor-panel.651/

Hi,

i'm willing to install this add-on on my forum but i have some question.

What happens to existent users that have steam-ID account ? They could login using xenforo account OR steam account data ? What happen in xenforo ?
New users that already have a steam account must anyway create an xenforo account before using this mod, right ?
I'm not registered to Steam but one of my staff member is registered and already bought something so i guess he got an API KEY. Can i ask him the API KEY and use it in the forum ? Or API Key contain very confidential data related to the user account ?

Thanks in advance,

Okay,

So Steam Auth works as follows:

New User without forum account
They sign in via steam and are asked some basic final questions to complete the registration. The account is then linked and they can sign in via Steam Community to the forums. If they ever break that association, the addon will e-mail them a temporary password which they can use to log into the forums.

Existing User
A forum user that doesn't have their account associated can do so either by signing in via steam and click the associate current account tab, or by logging into their xenforo forum account and going to the steam authentication section to associate their account that way.

As for the API key that is up to your judgement. Yes that will work if another staff member gets the API key, but keep in mind, he will be in control of that API key and is responsible for it.

Not sure if it was a quirk of my forum, but the Steam tab didn't show up until I allowed all user groups to view statistics. It is all sorted and working now, great add-on!

Not sure if it was a quirk of my forum, but the Steam tab didn't show up until I allowed all user groups to view statistics. It is all sorted and working now, great add-on!

Not a quirk, working as intended. ;) The first page on steam statistics incur an API request per view. So I made that an option to be turned on/off based on user group.

Okay, thought I was crazy. Was not seeing it, couldn't find it. Finally decided to check permissions. Was in there. Are the API requests bad enough that I should turn it off any particular part?

Okay, thought I was crazy. Was not seeing it, couldn't find it. Finally decided to check permissions. Was in there. Are the API requests bad enough that I should turn it off any particular part?

Nope. The option is there for admins to fine tune who gets to see it (just for customization). That first steam statistics page only makes one API request per page view. Just as if you viewed a thread with steam profile badges in them.

Oh, I see. I have them turned off in posts. I couldn't get it to mesh well with my layout. But, have it all working in Profile and Steam tab.

How can I create a Steam API key if I haven't bought any game?

I don't want to buy a game only to get an API

Try getting a free dota2 invite, I think that converts your account to a normal account instead of requiring you to buy a game.

Top Bottom