Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
I can't remember how i did it/where i saw it but isn't there a way to have a little steam icon in the message elements instead of a wide banner?

Noted. I'll see what I can do about that.

Also @Eoj Nawoh did the dev build I linked earlier fix your issue with group promotions? They seem to be sticking on my XenForo 1.5 test board.

Been 4 days and working thus far, seemingly works. I can't see any other issues. I'll continue to update, but it looks like this fixed it.

Hey Guys.

I'm getting "This add-on requires XenForo 1.5.0 Beta 1 or higher." when trying to install it on my 1.3.2 XenForo install. I've tried downloading 1.3.2 version of this addon and installing that as well and I'm still getting the same message. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I can't remember how i did it/where i saw it but isn't there a way to have a little steam icon in the message elements instead of a wide banner?

I'm not exactly sure what you're requesting. Like a small steam icon, like as if it was an instant messenger button link instead of the SteamProfile banner?

Been 4 days and working thus far, seemingly works. I can't see any other issues. I'll continue to update, but it looks like this fixed it.

Keep me updated, I want to make sure it doesn't revert on you any longer. How quickly was it doing that to users? Within a week?

Does this play nicely with private sites where the admin must manually approve registration?

Actually. I don't know... I honestly never tested that out, but it should work just like Twitter, Facebook, and Google does.

EDIT: Tried it .......and it works!

Hey Guys.

I'm getting "This add-on requires XenForo 1.5.0 Beta 1 or higher." when trying to install it on my 1.3.2 XenForo install. I've tried downloading 1.3.2 version of this addon and installing that as well and I'm still getting the same message. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You need to remove all the Steam addon files from your XenForo directory:
/js/steam
/library/steam
styles/default/steamauth

Then re-upload the older SteamAuth addon you wish to use and install the .xml file with that version. Keep in mind that older versions are no longer supported.

Hi,
i use ur Addon since a while now and it works fine.

BUT since about several month now the steamlogin button in the login menu disappeared.
my workaround is to (also) show it below the registration button.

How can i fix it? the other oAuthsystems show up fine ... and it doenst seem to be a template thing because in the vanilla template it also dindt work!

pls help me!

Yeah, I think that would be the best way of explaining it. Here is an example: https://gyazo.com/2825285124373875e4e4ea23c7ccda48
When clicking the icon, you are taken to their steam profile.

I can look into adding this yes.

Hi,
i use ur Addon since a while now and it works fine.

BUT since about several month now the steamlogin button in the login menu disappeared.
my workaround is to (also) show it below the registration button.

How can i fix it? the other oAuthsystems show up fine ... and it doenst seem to be a template thing because in the vanilla template it also dindt work!

pls help me!

Unfortunately I can't troubleshoot without seeing what's going on. Do you have a link to your forum?

Hi there,
We're having a problem where it says, "Unknown Steam Account" on the external accounts page and the profile/post badge loads indefinitely. The Unknown Steam Account link does seem to click through to the correct profile. This is with the latest version of xenforo and this add-on.

of course.
its AllAround.cc

with best +DS_DV+

Thank you, I will look into this when possible.

Hi there,
We're having a problem where it says, "Unknown Steam Account" on the external accounts page and the profile/post badge loads indefinitely. The Unknown Steam Account link does seem to click through to the correct profile. This is with the latest version of xenforo and this add-on.

Try re-uploading all the addon files and making sure you have the correct steam API key entered in.

It was multiple times a day per user, so the fact that it hasn't at all in the past week, I believe it is working.

Awesome, I'll make sure that code gets to the master branch.

That't be great! Any ETA?

Not yet, I've been swamped at my job these past few weeks, but I would like to push another build within the coming weeks. I may push out the above bug fix that @Eoj Nawoh has been testing for me sooner though as it's already in the code.

Awesome, I'll make sure that code gets to the master branch.

Not yet, I've been swamped at my job these past few weeks, but I would like to push another build within the coming weeks. I may push out the above bug fix that @Eoj Nawoh has been testing for me sooner though as it's already in the code.
As always, thank you very much for your hard work.

Hey @HowIChrgeLazer just curious how can we go about getting more games on there? Would it just require an update from you or is there something we can do.

Scratch this, I think we had an outdated API key or something, updated it and new games were added.

Last edited:
Hey @HowIChrgeLazer just curious how can we go about getting more games on there? Would it just require an update from you or is there something we can do.

Scratch this, I think we had an outdated API key or something, updated it and new games were added.

Hey there,

Just to explain the behind-the-scenes: New games are added during each run of the steam cron job. Games are only added if at least one linked user owns it, or if a new steam registration owns that new game during sign up.

It may have been that your API key expired, so when the steam cron ran, it didn't pull new info. Or it may not have run during that time of troubleshooting.

If I recall correctly, I think it's defaulted to run twice a day.

Hey there,

Just to explain the behind-the-scenes: New games are added during each run of the steam cron job. Games are only added if at least one linked user owns it, or if a new steam registration owns that new game.

It may have been that your API key expired, so when the steam cron ran, it didn't pull new info. Or it may not have run during that time of troubleshooting.

If I recall correctly, I think it's defaulted to run twice a day.

Thanks for that, ended up doing a new API key and then manually ran the cron and updated with some of the latest games we owned.

Great work :)

Top Bottom