Resource icon

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.0.7

No permission to download
Any idea if this same process could be applied to Desura? I'm assuming it utilizes the APIs of Steam but I can't find any for Desura...

I would assume Desura could be made if they actually implement and support some sort of authentication system and have an external user API. Steam has both which really makes this a great solution. I've sent them an e-mail to see what they have to say. Does anyone else want a Desura authentication & integration system?

Hi, your addon is excellent. I can ask you to have 2 styles of this addon on my forum?
Since I have 2 styles and the idea is to adapt to each.
Note that there are 2 folders one default and one tf2maps. You can use one or another style?

Hi, your addon is excellent. I can ask you to have 2 styles of this addon on my forum?
Since I have 2 styles and the idea is to adapt to each.
Note that there are 2 folders one default and one tf2maps. You can use one or another style?

This addon doesn't modify styles, templates or other such wizardry to do what we need. With that said, your styles should work with this addon without any customization. If it doesn't it is likely that the styles you are using weren't properly created or something similar to that. Have you tried installing it on a separate development/test forum?

This addon looks like a nice improvement over the one Darkimmortal did, however I do value the regular Steam ID (Steam_0:0:123456) being displayed in the profile information tab. The badges are nice, but sometimes people just want to grab your actual Steam ID without having to convert it from your steam profile URL or other. With darkimmortals it showed the actual Steam ID, it would be awesome if this addon added in an option to the ACP to include the regular Steam ID in the information tab.

This addon looks like a nice improvement over the one Darkimmortal did, however I do value the regular Steam ID (Steam_0:0:123456) being displayed in the profile information tab. The badges are nice, but sometimes people just want to grab your actual Steam ID without having to convert it from your steam profile URL or other. With darkimmortals it showed the actual Steam ID, it would be awesome if this addon added in an option to the ACP to include the regular Steam ID in the information tab.

I assume you use the Steam_0:0:123456 format for things like VAC Bans or similar? I personally never needed to know someones steam id specifically before but that doesn't mean there isn't a good use case for it! Maybe you could help me know what you really do with it and who knows, maybe we could enhance the plugin addon to include it.

Are you using it for a server access list or something? Might not be a bad idea to implement some sort of exportable steam id list?

I assume you use the Steam_0:0:123456 format for things like VAC Bans or similar? I personally never needed to know someones steam id specifically before but that doesn't mean there isn't a good use case for it! Maybe you could help me know what you really do with it and who knows, maybe we could enhance the plugin addon to include it.

Are you using it for a server access list or something? Might not be a bad idea to implement some sort of exportable steam id list?

Correct, we use the Steam_0:0:123456 format for SourceBans and other accounts associated with our game servers. We get ban protests and similar threads on a daily basis that require us to know their Steam ID so we can look it up elsewhere and figure out the issue they're having or look into details of their ban.

It's much easier for us to be able to just go to their profile and copy their ID from there, rather than click their Steam badge, copy the URL, go to a steam id converter site (http://steamidconverter.com/) and convert it to the Steam_0:0 format, and then look it up.

An exportable list might be a good idea, especially if one could limit to the export to certain groups, e.g. "Server Admins" only, to get a list of all the Steam ID's (and perhaps the associated usernames?) for users in the Server Admin group. I'm not sure how useful this would prove to my own setup though, but who knows what the future holds. Others might find this useful at the time being, but all I really see missing is the ability to display the Steam_0:0:123456 format rather than just the steam badges. I would presume if this option was enabled it would merely place it under the information tab as if it were an identity or something. Not sure what the best placement would be if you guys end up implementing this.

This has a conflict with the "Post_It" addon. But I think this is abandoned so getting rid of it was no big deal. I'll probably just have to buy the Bookmark addon that's for sale here.

This has a conflict with the "Post_It" addon. But I think this is abandoned so getting rid of it was no big deal. I'll probably just have to buy the Bookmark addon that's for sale here.
Well if that addon is abandoned I won't put much effort to fix the conflict. However its probably on their side anyhow so I'm not certain how easy it would be to resolve.

Well if that addon is abandoned I won't put much effort to fix the conflict. However its probably on their side anyhow so I'm not certain how easy it would be to resolve.

Don't worry about it. I removed the Post It addon and installed Syndol's Bookmark one. Does the same thing and doesn't conflict. I just wanted people to know the conflict is there just in case.

It would be nice if this did add the steam Id as lasertits suggest and it would also be nice if this worked with the source bans sinc mod that is here because then we as server admins can automate a donator perks with very little effort..

Good points, no idea when I'll actually implement them. As far as banning specific Steam ID's, possible...but if you ban instead of delete a user they won't be able to register a new account with the same Steam Id anyways. Love the idea of using Steam only as an authentication source so I'll investigate this as an option.

Have you investigated using Steam only for authorization when signing up for forums?

Got a formatting problem, when a steam users name is too long it'll get moved down a line but then gets cut off in his user tag. I would use the post tag instead, but it also has the formatting problem with quotes. Any tip on fixing this problem would be great!

Here is a pic of his name getting cut off in his tag
steamformat.jpg

Great plugin, thanks for the great work so far!

Top Bottom