Resource icon

Unmaintained Steam Authentication & Integration 1.0.7

No permission to download
Provides Steam Integration allowing new & existing users to establish accounts via their Steam accounts. This is similar to the Twitter (New) plugin which adds no custom template code by hand and instead properly creates templates and implements them using hooks.

Prerequisites:
  • cURL
  • BCMath (PHP Extension, usually installed already)
Installation Steps:
  1. Install Prerequisites
CentOS / Redhat:
yum install php-bcmath

Debian / Ubuntu:
apt-get install php5-curl​
  1. Upload files in the upload directory to your forum
  2. Make the folder "js/steam/cache" world writable (chmod 0777)
  3. Install using the provided "addon-Steam.xml"
  4. Change options for "Steam Integration" as necessary
For the first release, I've only bothered making board wide options to show in posts user information portion and also in their profile. I may consider implementing user based controls in the future.

Features:
  • Single Sign On / Authentication via Steam
  • Statistics
  • Notices
Need Help?
Glad you've decided to use Steam Authentication and Integration, but please do not ask me directly for help via a Conversation. We are all working on building our communities so unless you have sensitive information to share (which you shouldn't share with me anyways) then don't make a conversation and instead post in the discussion!

Steps to take BEFORE asking for help:
  1. Read your log files!
    Don't know where they are or what they mean? Well then this is a good time to research. You should be familiar with your forums environment before installing an addon (and if you are not, you should become familiar or consider contracting the work).
  2. Read your log files!
    Pretty please???
  3. Read the entire description & readme file!
    They contain instructions and hints which you may have missed or need to do before you can continue!
  4. Read the discussions!
    Someone else probably already had the same exact issue...go hunt through the thread to see if that is the case.
  5. Ask your question in the discussion!
    I'll answer any questions there, and if you start a conversation asking for help with your installation, I'll only tell you to post in the discussion thread. I will respond in the discussion I promise!
Like this Addon?
Awesome! Leave a review and tell me how much you like it and why! Feedback is important so you might as well give it so those who develop for this addon can make it better and others can see your opinions.

Common Issues (and fixes):
  • "Invalid profile data"
    This occurs when the AJAX calls fail when using the "steamprofile" library. Check your error log to set the appropriate permissions but likely files in the "js" folder are writable.
  • How do I migrate from other Steam Integration Addons?
    Uninstalling the previous addon usually leaves Steam as an external authentication source (if you look in xf_user_external_auth after you uninstall your users will still have Steam listed). Then you'll want to also remove the custom field you created for the older add-on as it is no longer used then follow the install process. It will use the existing data stored within the xf_user_external_auth table so once you've completed the migration your users will likely not notice the change.

Also, you'll need to revert any templates you had to change such as the part for the login_bar. You should just reference the old addons install steps to find exactly what to remove.
License
Steam Authentication for XenForo

Written by Morgan Humes <morgan@lanaddict.com>
Copyright 2012 Morgan Humes

Steam Authentication for XenForo is free software: you can redistribute
it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.

Steam Authentication for XenForo is distributed in the hope that it
will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with SteamProfile. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

Source Code
Steam Authentication for XenForo is open source! Visit our git repository at github to fork, submit code, or even discuss the code.

Examples / Screenshots:
See the attached files for the example screenshots!
  • options.webp
    options.webp
    13 KB · Views: 2,636
  • post.webp
    post.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 2,598
  • profile.webp
    profile.webp
    26 KB · Views: 2,587
  • message_content.webp
    message_content.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 2,521
  • notice_example.webp
    notice_example.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,460
  • stats.webp
    stats.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,393
  • notice_settings.webp
    notice_settings.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,134
Author
Morgan
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.64 star(s) 14 ratings

Latest updates

1. Administration Update

Well, I bothered to figure out how to do more in XenForo Addons and now have the Administration...
  2. Bug Fixes

The following bugs were fixed in 1.0.6 (oops): Visitors receive error when a notice...
  3. Game notices!

Game notices and Tools now gained a "Steam" section (which will gain more capabilities later).

Latest reviews

Thank you. Very usefull thing for my forum.
No longer works. Out dated and author abandoned. Anyone looking for a good working version should visit: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.27790/page-10#post-355544

You can see a working version of it at
https://www.GamingSection.net
Brilliant add on, quick install and works great. With a bit of css styling it integrates really nicely to any theme :)
Excellent, just great for a gaming community and displays nicely.
I just installed this plugin and I really like it!
Works great, nice addition to the site.
Nice addon, works great. Only problem so far is that your own steam profile disappears from the messages when using quick reply, or editing a message, but nothing a refresh can't handle.

Also, would be great if it were possible to display games owned on steam on profile page ;)
Morgan
Morgan
I like the steam games being listed on the profile page. As far as the bugs, well I'm not certain how to fix the quick reply but I also haven't really looked at it either. I'll add these to my list of stuff to address when I get around to working on the next version.
need statistics and notices
Morgan
Morgan
There are statistics and notices!
Installed easy and running flawlessly - thank you
Works great requiring little if any editing. Much easier than the previous kind which had required template editing.
Top Bottom