1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 SQL Find / Replace on Message

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by BamaStangGuy, Jul 29, 2013.

  1. BamaStangGuy

    BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

    I did a find and replace sql query on the message field in xf_post. It worked great as I can go in and view via the BB Code editor that the new text is there. However, until I go into each post that was affected and click save, the replaced text does not show on the actual post.

    Is there a cache I need to rebuild for this to work?
  2. BamaStangGuy

    BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

    The code that it is replacing is inside IMG tags. Could this be the new bbcode cache causing it to not show within the post? I restarted memcached but still same results. (need to actually save the post before the updated content shows)
  3. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    It could be the bb code cache.
    Try disabling that and truncating the table.

    FYI, I have actually disabled that on my site as it made the DB size massively increase.
  4. BamaStangGuy

    BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

    Disabling it fixed it. A way to rebuild that would be nice. On a 1 million post forum it is taking up 600+MB. I can live with that I suppose.
  5. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    There is a developer option already to change the version in use which effectively purges it. If you're manipulating directly, you should just truncate the table.
    BamaStangGuy likes this.

Share This Page