Special Avatar for Banned Members

Special Avatar for Banned Members 1.3.10

No permission to download
Chris tried to add it and i got this error:

bc69c92131042d2f1d10322098d9e975.png

This update improves compatibility with @Waindigo's Last Poster Avatar add-on.

View attachment 76345

It enables the banned avatar to appear in the node list.

For this update to work fully, you will first need to wait for an upgrade to Last Poster Avatar to be released by Waindigo.

Thanks Waindigo for your help.

Let me just be completely clear about something:

For this update to work fully, you will first need to wait for an upgrade to Last Poster Avatar to be released by Waindigo.

What this means is, just to be clear, if you use Last Poster Avatar by Waindigo, then you should WAIT for an upgrade to that add-on to be released BEFORE this add-on will work.

The same will apply to you, @The Sandman but specifically that error is likely caused by a race condition from an add-on installer type add-on. But you should wait until Waindigo releases his update and you have upgraded to that, before proceeding.

Sorry Chris - I guess I misunderstood the wording of your advisory message "For this update to work fully, you will first need to wait for an upgrade to Last Poster Avatar to be released by Waindigo". I took it to mean that the update could be installed but wouldn't "work fully" until Waindigo released his as well. I think it was the use of the word "fully" that threw me off. My apologies for causing you to have to make yourself clear twice in one post.

No need to apologise, I just don't want people to have errors unnecessarily. And I don't feel I made myself clear enough (like you said, use of the word fully) so I just wanted to make it 100% clear as I appreciate there may have been some ambiguity in my original statement :)

I assume that both change the Avatar template helper and then the first callback Funktion gets replaced with the callback of the second addon

ATM i habe no idea how to avoid this

There probably isn't a way. Helpers... not good for extensibility.

I think at this point I'd be inclined to say it's going to be a choice between one add-on or the other.

Reactions: Dan
Hi Chris

I updated this mod after installing Last Post Avatar by Waindigo 1.1.8d, unfortunately the last post avatars wont change, I've tried rebuilding both mods and doing a fresh install of both with no luck, any suggestions?

Thanks

If a banned member has made the last post in a thread then his avatar should be that of the banned avatar that comes with you mod correct?

Installed this nice little add-on but Avatar won't Show up. Do I Need to download the png file somewhere else?

Also got this error message in ACP:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'last_post_user.is_banned' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

You need to find out the directory where your default avatars are stored for your current style and then move the banned avatars into there and do the same for all styles.

Sorry about that, that's a dumb bug. I already noticed it. Please disable the add-on until the next update.

Top Bottom