sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Hi @sonnb , I am getting an intermittent error with gallery uploads. I uploaded a batch of pictures, mostly JPGs, and one PNG. The PNG came back as an "unsupported image" (I can't remember the exact error) even tho PNGs are enabled in Options->Attachments. Any ideas? Thanks!
I cannot say anything without the details error and that PNG file. XenGallery does not use the option of Attachment.
Another question, how do I increase the number of albums displayed *per category* in category view? It seems defaulted to 10. Thanks!!
Unfortunately you cannot do that without modifying the code. It is limited to 10 to prevent slowing queries in case we have lot of categories.

Any chance of adding an option to re-build the total number of albums/videos? I deleted all the videos from my site and disabled the video plugin, but forum stats still shows 200 videos! :(

Any chance of adding an option to re-build the total number of albums/videos? I deleted all the videos from my site and disabled the video plugin, but forum stats still shows 200 videos! :(
Surely it will be available in the next update.

Hi Sonnb

I am in the process of migrating a custom forum into xenforo. The custom solution had about 4 million images, all in user albums which I have now imported into Xen Media Gallery.

However, as I am now discovering, Xen Media Galleries queries are not very optimal for such a large database. How is your gallery for such a large database? Has your gallery been used on any site with over 2 million images? Do you think your gallery will be able to import 4 million images from Xen Media Gallery?

Thanks.

Hi Sonnb

I am in the process of migrating a custom forum into xenforo. The custom solution had about 4 million images, all in user albums which I have now imported into Xen Media Gallery.

However, as I am now discovering, Xen Media Galleries queries are not very optimal for such a large database. How is your gallery for such a large database? Has your gallery been used on any site with over 2 million images? Do you think your gallery will be able to import 4 million images from Xen Media Gallery?

Thanks.
Thanks for considering XenGallery as a replacement for the XenMediaGallery.

- For the import, it should be OK as it benefits from the Import system of XF. Therefore there is no issue with huge number of records.
- I cannot give the comparison in the querying between XenGallery and XMG since I do not dig into it yet. But I am sure XenGallery serve faster than XMG with multiple thumbnails solution. And the photos are directly served to users in a unique filename system to prevent users accessing not-allowed-photos. Compare to XenForo which leave this to the attachment handler which need more queries to checking the permission, route, output the files... This is my most positive point compared to XMG. I do not have a record for a site who has over than 2 million images yet (they usually not tell me btw), but there are some customers who imported directly from vBB, PhotoPost with around 1 millions photos and they do not have any concern about the performance.

Of course I need to sell my addon, but in case you have to try before use because you have very big requirement, I can support you in this situation. If you see it cannot fit your requirement, just delete it.

Thanks for considering XenGallery as a replacement for the XenMediaGallery.

- For the import, it should be OK as it benefits from the Import system of XF. Therefore there is no issue with huge number of records.
- I cannot give the comparison in the querying between XenGallery and XMG since I do not dig into it yet. But I am sure XenGallery serve faster than XMG with multiple thumbnails solution. And the photos are directly served to users in a unique filename system to prevent users accessing not-allowed-photos. Compare to XenForo which leave this to the attachment handler which need more queries to checking the permission, route, output the files... This is my most positive point compared to XMG. I do not have a record for a site who has over than 2 million images yet (they usually not tell me btw), but there are some customers who imported directly from vBB, PhotoPost with around 1 millions photos and they do not have any concern about the performance.

Of course I need to sell my addon, but in case you have to try before use because you have very big requirement, I can support you in this situation. If you see it cannot fit your requirement, just delete it.

Hi Sonn, that would be super. At this point I am continually running the media thumbnails rebuild in Xen Media Gallery and it keeps returning 503. The server has 64 Gigs of memory running php-fpm, so the queries are what are killing it.

Give me a day to talk this out with the site owner. I will let you know what we decide.

Hello,
Just wondering can we restrict EXIF data based on permissions?
I currently have it off, but would like to have it on, but accessible by admin only?
Also, any news on the pic of the month? :(

Hi @sonnb ,

I'm trying to buy this add-on, but i have this error:

You do not have permission to view products.
Can you tell me your account on sonnb.com?
Hello,
Just wondering can we restrict EXIF data based on permissions?
I currently have it off, but would like to have it on, but accessible by admin only?
Also, any news on the pic of the month? :(
I see no reason to do the restrict on EXIF, therefore I afraid that it will not be in core. But you can send a request on customization. Regarding the Photo contest, it is still on the way because I do not have much of free time to get it done faster at least at this moment.

I see no reason to do the restrict on EXIF, therefore I afraid that it will not be in core. But you can send a request on customization. Regarding the Photo contest, it is still on the way because I do not have much of free time to get it done faster at least at this moment.

Ahh okay mate.
There IS a reason and a good one really for us, but I understand - thank you! ;)
Alright no worries.. thanks

Love this addon. Can anyone help me understand how it could be configured in such a way so it's a "garage" to showcase user vehicles that they upload. If you think about it, the garage is really just a bunch of photos (vehicle) grouped together around a common subject (vehicle) by a specific user.

Since XenGallery is already very flexible, is it possible to tweak/present the display in such a way that it appears like a garage system?

Top Bottom