sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Love this addon. Can anyone help me understand how it could be configured in such a way so it's a "garage" to showcase user vehicles that they upload. If you think about it, the garage is really just a bunch of photos (vehicle) grouped together around a common subject (vehicle) by a specific user.

Since XenGallery is already very flexible, is it possible to tweak/present the display in such a way that it appears like a garage system?
The Category system does not help you? Each user own a gallery profile page which show all user's photos/videos/albums. I think it is helpful as well.
I still after all this time, still cannot work out categories.. :p
What do you mean?

Categories like this, as I still can't get it right...
Fruit = orange, strawberries, apples, pears and so on.
Vegetables = Potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower, cabbage...
metals = alloys, aluminium, steel, iron, copper..

That's what I can't figure out as you know, a long issue is they all belong to me administrator not the users.
Just can't crack it and don't have an idea with this one. :D

Categories like this, as I still can't get it right...
Fruit = orange, strawberries, apples, pears and so on.
Vegetables = Potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower, cabbage...
metals = alloys, aluminium, steel, iron, copper..

That's what I can't figure out as you know, a long issue is they all belong to me administrator not the users.
Just can't crack it and don't have an idea with this one. :D
WTF hehehehehehe

I have loads of categories left over from migrating, all owning to me = it's been a pain for a long time.

Okay I have a question @sonnb is there any way at all, I can do this;
permissions - users must post at least 2 images before viewing the gallery?

I tried, but of course when you limit the gallery viewing - you cannot upload.
I would really like to implement a way of only showing the gallery after x amount of images have been uploaded. Did try also using user promotions but of course, again, you can't upload to the gallery if you can't see it.
Anyone know if it's possible or feasible?

FYI:

I have loads of categories left over from migrating, all owning to me = it's been a pain for a long time.

Okay I have a question @sonnb is there any way at all, I can do this;
permissions - users must post at least 2 images before viewing the gallery?

I tried, but of course when you limit the gallery viewing - you cannot upload.
I would really like to implement a way of only showing the gallery after x amount of images have been uploaded. Did try also using user promotions but of course, again, you can't upload to the gallery if you can't see it.
Anyone know if it's possible or feasible?
Solved as a custom work.
Hello @sonnb

I have a big problem: the gallery add-on is in confict with CTA Featured Slider. Specifically, when i install gallery add-on, the slider does not have backlinks, like it does now.
You can find more information in this topic: http://support.cliptheapex.com/threads/slider-title-link.297/

My forum is http://cluj-forum.ro

Please help me find a solution, because is very important to me that the CTA slider to work fine
Solved with a CSS modification.

@sonnb : it seems the permission to create albums is not working. users can create albums while i have set their usergroup to create 0 albums.
There also seems to be no option to make empty albums visible in categories.

Last edited:
sonnb updated sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) with a new update entry:

Minor features and bug fixes

- Adds rebuild forum statistics in AdminCP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches.
- Adds an option allowing display empty albums.
- Change permission behavior of "Maximum Albums", "Maximum Photos Per Album", "Maximum Videos Per Album" wherever XenGallery uses 0 as unlimited which leads administrators unable to prevent users to upload any file.
ATTENTION: BEFORE UPGRADING, please set these permissions to "Unlimited" instead of 0 otherwise users who has 0 in permission will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ATTENTION: BEFORE UPGRADING, please set these permissions to "Unlimited" instead of 0 otherwise users who has 0 in permission will unable to upload (In case you do not want to limit them).
If I have actual numbers there, am I good to go?

Top Bottom