sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Thinking of using this again.

Does this have support for XenForo's tagging system? Or are the tags internal only to XenGallery?

Optic,
I took a look at this as well and they appear to be internal only.

@sonnb any chance for support for Xenforo's tag system?

@sonnb

Can I ask for some help please. I have searched this discussion and couldn't find a definitive answer.

I have this gallery installed. I also have widget framework installed.

I have a portal page on my forum where i use blocks to insert content etc.

I am looking to use the "Gallery - Top Photos" widget on the portal page but am unsure how to get it into a block ??

I know i can use a Custom html block and add my own HTML to this block but do not know what to add it include the "Gallery - Top Photos" widget.

Please could somebody talk me through this slowly :)
Which portal do you use? If it is XenPorta then XenGallery does has widget block for it. If it is not XenPorta then just use hook:page_container_content_top

Is there a way to set other group options for gallery settings? For example, if I have a specific user group I want to allow to see an album, is there something I can add in templates and perhaps here?:

CgbJbyL.png

I was thinking it might be in Templates > sonnb_xengallery_helper_album_privacy
... but I'm not sure. I don't know much about this stuff.

Edit: Nevermind. I feel really stupid. I think I can sort out my issue by changing the category settings and have users post albums through specific categories. I'm sorry for the waste of time, but I'm leaving this here for the future if anyone else needs to work out a similar function.

Last edited:
Is there any possible way to tag photos while on the upload screen??

It would be a great implementations that would save a lot of time later going one by one to tag photos later.

Somewhere in here to have a tag option??

upload_2016-4-25_1-17-11.webp

Yes the owner just confirmed its for the other gallery.

This leads me back to the original question, any way to establish a mass tagging option? I think it would be a good fit while on the upload review page where you get to put descriptions and titles on. See screenshot above.

Even if it is a paid addon, it would be great! Thanks.

It would be a great implementations that would save a lot of time later going one by one to tag photos later.

View attachment 133096
Please let me know if this is planned in future updates.

I also just tried to create a sorting option in the "new photos" tab and while looking at scripts I realized that easier option would likely be to just create new buttons called "most viewed" or "most liked" and just have it generate a feed based on those buttons.

However that is the point where I've ran out the little skill I have and couldn't make that happen.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Is there a way to allow users to display the same image in more than one album?

I'd also like to Give users alerts when a user they follow posts a new album or image.

I think the most important thing users asked for as well was the ability to edit the actual image itself/change the original image file without having to repost the image and delete the original. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Last edited:

Have you try to click on "People" icon yet? You can tag people in the photo but it is just tagging, not face tagging.

Please let me know if this is planned in future updates.

I also just tried to create a sorting option in the "new photos" tab and while looking at scripts I realized that easier option would likely be to just create new buttons called "most viewed" or "most liked" and just have it generate a feed based on those buttons.

However that is the point where I've ran out the little skill I have and couldn't make that happen.

Any suggestions?
You need to modify code to do that.

Is there a way to allow users to display the same image in more than one album?
No you cannot. You need to upload photos to each album.
I'd also like to Give users alerts when a user they follow posts a new album or image.
Noted that.
I think the most important thing users asked for as well was the ability to edit the actual image itself/change the original image file without having to repost the image and delete the original. Is there a way to accomplish this?
It is already in the TODO list.

Noted that..

It is already in the TODO list.

Will these features be available to people running older versions of Xenforo, particularly 1.2?

Have you try to click on "People" icon yet? You can tag people in the photo but it is just tagging, not face tagging.
You need to modify code to do that.
I know I can tag people in the photo, its a great feature, but it doesn't link to other picture tags.

Problem I have is, while the software is great, I wish it was more optimized for massive galleries.

I have thousands of photos in my gallery and I would love it if there was a way to tag the content in them while on the upload review screen as (where you give Title or description). Right now I have to do it one by one

This would allow to tag hundreds of photos as a time as you upload them

Sort of like this

upload_2016-5-3_14-49-5.webp

Also anyway to have sort buttons for sorting gallery?

IE: This but for photos in addition to albums?

upload_2016-5-4_7-48-11.webp

Even have them as links that will sort?

In addition to "new photos" we could have buttons for "most viewed" and "most liked"?

upload_2016-5-4_7-49-0.webp

I looked at the script and I couldn't figure it out myself

Last edited:
Yes I do have a xenforo license.

I have tried that link and it only allows me to buy the unbranded version for $80USD. I would just like to buy the regular $40 branded version.

Top Bottom