sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

I have thousands of photos in my gallery and I would love it if there was a way to tag the content in them while on the upload review screen as (where you give Title or description). Right now I have to do it one by one

This would allow to tag hundreds of photos as a time as you upload them
I see, it is something we might need to work on. But see how FB works, they also require tag one by one or tag in the album instead.

Also anyway to have sort buttons for sorting gallery?

IE: This but for photos in addition to albums?

upload_2016-5-4_7-48-11-png.133631

Even have them as links that will sort?

In addition to "new photos" we could have buttons for "most viewed" and "most liked"?

upload_2016-5-4_7-49-0-png.133632

I looked at the script and I couldn't figure it out myself
I noted the sort in these pages.

I noted the sort in these pages.

I searched through most of this discussion and discussion on your site for "sort"/"sorting" as a key word and I didn't get any positive results in reference to what I'm talking about.

Can you hint on what I'm missing? Is there a way to sort photos across all albums in the endless scroll just like there is now in "new photos"? IE "new/most viewed/most liked" etc

I see, it is something we might need to work on. But see how FB works, they also require tag one by one or tag in the album instead.

Facebook and your addon work GREAT for tagging people, but neither works great for tagging CONTENT.

Facebook has no need for content tagging. You go into somebody's profile and its all about them and other people.

However when I have galleries of thousands of bikes, cars, guns and other material, it makes it much more convenient when they are all tagged as "bikes, cars, ford, motorcycle, AR15, guns" and then people can just sort for the object they want with ease from all the albums and galleries. Exactly how photo (non person) tagging works now, just makes it so much easier to Mass Tag.

I searched through most of this discussion and discussion on your site for "sort"/"sorting" as a key word and I didn't get any positive results in reference to what I'm talking about.

Can you hint on what I'm missing? Is there a way to sort photos across all albums in the endless scroll just like there is now in "new photos"? IE "new/most viewed/most liked" etc
There are some pages where the sort is not available. I meant I noted to implement later.

Facebook and your addon work GREAT for tagging people, but neither works great for tagging CONTENT.

Facebook has no need for content tagging. You go into somebody's profile and its all about them and other people.

However when I have galleries of thousands of bikes, cars, guns and other material, it makes it much more convenient when they are all tagged as "bikes, cars, ford, motorcycle, AR15, guns" and then people can just sort for the object they want with ease from all the albums and galleries. Exactly how photo (non person) tagging works now, just makes it so much easier to Mass Tag.
I see. I have noted for future.

How do you change the style properties of the like button? On our forum, we changed the Style Properties: Message Layout: Likes, to make more of a square button rather than just a text link so the users can see it and it doesn't appear to inherit the settings from the board, which is actually preferable. I don't see this option in the XenGallery Styles anywhere. You can check out our like buttons on our Ford Thunderbird Forum

How do you change the style properties of the like button? On our forum, we changed the Style Properties: Message Layout: Likes, to make more of a square button rather than just a text link so the users can see it and it doesn't appear to inherit the settings from the board, which is actually preferable. I don't see this option in the XenGallery Styles anywhere. You can check out our like buttons on our Ford Thunderbird Forum
I have answered you in your thread on sonnb.com. I am going to quote again here:

They have the same structure. XenGalley does not inherit the Message layout because it does not include the thread styling (which is not relevant) in the UI.

You can styling it simply by adding extra CSS to the EXTRA.css template, for instance:
HTML:
.item.control.like {
CODE_HERE
}

I hope it helps you.

I have answered you in your thread on sonnb.com. I am going to quote again here:

I added the code, but for some reason, it won't let me change the background color of the button, but the same code works on the posts on the site itself for the like buttons, etc. Here is the code I added:
The background of the button should be darkviolet Sample page- http://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/thunderbird-photos/albums/1963-t-bird-for-sale-15-000.83/

Code:
.item.control.like {
    font-size: 14px;
    border-radius: 3px;
    color: #00000;
    background-color: #562e95;
    padding: 4px 20px;
    border: 2px solid #f2ceff;
}
.item.control.watch {
    color: #000000;
}
.item.control.postComment {
}

Doing an Inspect with Chrome, it's getting overridden somehow, see below.
transparent.webp

Last edited:
Change your css style to this:

Code:
background-color: #562e95 !important;

Always add !important; to something you want as the primary consideration - this prevents it being overridden.

;)

Change your css style to this:

Code:

Always add !important; to something you want as the primary consideration - this prevents it being overridden.

;)
Added the revised code, and the background color of the button is still not displaying. Any ideas?

Code:
.item.control.like {
    color: #00000;
}
.item.control.watch {
}
.item.control.postComment {
}

@ActorMike Not sure if I'm maybe looking at the wrong bit so discard this if I've read it wrong :unsure:

Code:
.itemGallery.photo .toolAlbum {
}

Untitled-1.webp

Just wondering if it was possible to add these options to the Profile cover section of the add-on. Would like to use this function but don't need it show full width. Would like to use it in the right Column sitting next to the sidebar.
upload_2016-6-25_0-52-45.webp
upload_2016-6-25_0-53-19.webp
upload_2016-6-25_0-54-11.webp

So, this is probably a ridiculous question ... sorry if it is. I've got XenGallery's latest edition installed and everything working great. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to create categories. It's quite possible that I'm missing a button because I'm using a custom theme, but I've checked default also. Been to CPanel > Home > Options and don't see it ... Been to Cpanel > Style Properties and don't see it.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your time

Top Bottom