sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Yes, and? So what's the add-on has to do with this? limit the file size per picture if you're cheap on server space. My deminisions are 0 (unlimited), and file size limit is 6MB/picture. I currently tried to upload a 5MB picture with 3872 × 2592 and had no problems at all.
You can get a 1TB storage VPS today for files only, @ $30/month, so I really can't get the point.
You can afford it, not everyone can.
Family cats and dogs are welcome but not in almost unlimited sizes.
I'm terrified when someone catches me with his iPhone with 3 thousand images on it.
With a little effort he can upload it to my server to make happy everyone on the forum.

Yes, and? So what's the add-on has to do with this? limit the file size per picture if you're cheap on server space. My deminisions are 0 (unlimited), and file size limit is 6MB/picture. I currently tried to upload a 5MB picture with 3872 × 2592 and had no problems at all.
You can get a 1TB storage VPS/dedicated server today for files only (use [bd]attachment store add-on), @ $30/month, so I really can't get the point.
The issue is, if you limit the photo size, (which you can in the ACP) the member then has to resize their photo or they will get the "file too large" error. MOST people will not bother going to resize their HUGE photos to upload it to the Gallery. i have had my forum for 5 years and averaged 5- 10 photo uploads a day - now, literally 0…

Just to clarify what I mean with Xen Media gallery and resize:

Xen Media Gallery is just like the attachment system in Xenforo.

You can afford it, not everyone can.
Family cats and dogs are welcome but not in almost unlimited sizes.
I'm terrified when someone catches me with his iPhone with 3 thousand images on it.
With a little effort he can upload it to my server to make happy everyone on the forum.
You can also purchase file only storage VPS with 300-500GB for $10/month and host all the files there. You can't afford $10/month to make your users upload pictures?
300-500GB is about 100-150K pictures, something that you would use for a decade.

The issue is, if you limit the photo size, (which you can in the ACP) the member then has to resize their photo or they will get the "file too large" error. MOST people will not bother going to resize their HUGE photos to upload it to the Gallery. i have had my forum for 5 years and averaged 5- 10 photo uploads a day - now, literally 0…

Just to clarify what I mean with Xen Media gallery and resize:

Xen Media Gallery is just like the attachment system in Xenforo.
The add-on has nothing to do with that. You restricted your users, so that's why you don't get gallery uploads. 50 uploads/day is 18,000 pictures a year. Let's say 4MB a picture, it's about 72GB of data that you can host for let's say $5-10/month on a different server.

You can also purchase file only storage VPS with 300-500GB for $10/month and host all the files there. You can't afford $10/month to make your users upload pictures?
300-500GB is about 100-150K pictures, something that you would use for a decade.
Nothing to do with money my friend - has to do with functionality ;). As I said above, most if not all galleries have this including all social network sites - Facebook, - etc.

It could be added here as well, but until then, I gave a solution for your problem.
I appreciate the input, makes sense, however, I would rather have this feature before dropping another 50.00 bucks on the add on when time to update. It may send me in another direction for a simple addition that would be well taken from most who currently own the add on...:D

No, I cannot do that because I don't want to do that.

tommydamic68 would like to have the possibility of resizing the images by the software.
Let him request that from the developer.

After completing the import from XF User Albums, I can notice that none of the imported albums/galleries has a thumbnail.
It says "No photo". Is this normal behavior after importing, or am I missing something?

xen1.webp

Any idea when the map bug will be fixed? I paid for an additional custom development and I still cannot use the main map of the gallery because of this.

I know it's possible to "Hide Author Information" from the Gallery widget, but is it possible to remove the "Title" of the images also?
I hate it when someone uploads a picture saved from Facebook...
prtscr.webp

Another problem that I've found is when sorting the galleries page by the last album update, if the added pictures are deleted, the album doesn't go to its original place in the gallery page, but stays on the top.

I know it's possible to "Hide Author Information" from the Gallery widget, but is it possible to remove the "Title" of the images also?
I hate it when someone uploads a picture saved from Facebook...
View attachment 67798
They set photo's titles to that names, not automatically. You can do that by edit the template sonnb_xengallery_widget_photo_item
Another problem that I've found is when sorting the galleries page by the last album update, if the added pictures are deleted, the album doesn't go to its original place in the gallery page, but stays on the top.
I do not think we cannot track this, other than that, album update events are: edit title, description, add content, remove content... so delete photo will be marked as update also.

They set photo's titles to that names, not automatically. You can do that by edit the template sonnb_xengallery_widget_photo_item
Thanks, found it! :)
Code:
<div class="title"><a title="{$photo.title}" href="{xen:link gallery/photos, $photo}">{xen:helper wordtrim, $photo.title, $widget.options.title_limit}</a></div>

Top Bottom